Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

30Days of Praise - Day 10 feat Chinenye Okenwa's Praise!

Hello everyone!

I hope you've still got your praise-attitude on! :-) Praise is such a joyous thing.. The more we praise God, the more joy bubbles in and out of us! It's inexplicable .... The presence of God is so awesome! And praise is a great way to enter right in... Psalm 100:4.

The great thing is that we can praise God in diverse ways.. Look at the trees! The bible says they clap their hands in praise to God.. The birds of the air sing unto the One whose eye is on them! Even heaven declares the glory of the King! How much more you and I... Whatever your expression may be, just give praise to the One that deserves it so.

Today, lovely Chinenye Okenwa leads the praise with a beautiful expression in prose to her Lord::

The angels and the hosts bow down in worship, a whole population of heavenly beings experienced in praise. The elders are impressed by the praise of the Cherubim. The Seraphim love what the arch-angels have to offer today.

No mistakes in the notes or words they offer, first hand they bear witness of what their immortal eyes have beheld for millennia. They have stood in The Awesome Presence for thousands of years and beheld the perfect wondrous Image in all His glory and excellence. They have crafted praise and worship deserving of the Most Excellent. They ever bow, in all their radiance.

Never too busy; never faltering; never complaining. Casting down their crowns and worshipping Him who is worthy. Then a thin reedy voice, faltering in pitch, word and meaning sounds faintly in the heavenly courts… And at once, the attention of the Centre of it all is diverted. The Great One’s Radiance beams even more and the wonder of heaven is pronounced.

The voice rises and falls, breaks, cries, laughs and all through it, the Love of the Highest glows on His face. His adoration, unhidden to all creation. He surely loves this one. For what else could make Him thrilled in this paltry offering, when he has harmonious perfection praise at His eternal back and call? This one that has stumbled and even fallen severally, yet always returns.

Now I’m here, it seems I’m stripped of words. Now I’m here, I awed by raw Majesty,

Now I’m here, in the presence of my King. Now I’m here, before Your Throne.

Now I’m here, worship fills my being. Now I’m here, the words are nowhere here.

Now I’m here, in silence I bow down, overawed by Majesty Divine.

Now I’m here, You speak my language.

The language of my heart. You interpret perfectly, You know and you hear.

The voice of my silence. The sweetness of my Praise to you, not just in words. But in who I am!!!

Who I am, is who You have made. You have made me. You created me. In Your image You created a likeness of You.

First You made me, breathed life in dust…

Then You made me, by Jesus death and life

Then You remade me, a first fruit of Your creation.

And You’ll remake immortality swallowing up my life.

What I have to offer can never compare, what do I know of Immortality or Awesomeness or Holiness or Greatness to offer commensurate praise?

But You delight in what I bring and while I have breathe even when my voice has faded, every exhalation till the last will adore you O Great Father.

Chinenye Okenwa












*********************************************************

Remember, you can join in! Send in your own expression of praise to God! It could be a dance, a song, a letter, a poem, prose or a smile! #30DaysofPraise

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is nice....I copied this out....it is really nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too Tibs.. Thanks for the referrals.. Much love mami! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow......this is really nice. I like especially that HE 'delights in what we bring even though what we 'have to offer can never compare' Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That part touched me too.. I am so grateful to God for accepting all of me. Thanks for stopping by Nnenna :-) xx

      Delete
  3. Wow...this is beautiful. Very very beautiful. Praise be to God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. It is.. Thanks for stopping by Ketimay, welcome to the blog :-) xx

      Delete

You know you want to say something :-)