Pages

Thursday 4 September 2014

30 Days of Praise (Day 4) Conversations with One - Praise God for Him/Her!

Welcome to another edition of Conversations with One!!

Basically, Conversations with One is a chat-series on the blog. 
Each week, the 1 + TheOne panel (made up of beloved and very wise friends with a variety of personalities) and I bring you snippets of our 'round-table' discussions from a male/female perspective.. We talk about any and every thing!!

Ladies! Have you ever wanted to get into the mind of a guy? (I know I do! lol), and for guys, I bet once in a while you wish you could just read her mind! Well hopefully week after week, we get to bridge that gap!

You can have a look at last week's conversation where we discussed the importance/necessity of having a post break-up talk. You can it and other previous episodes HERE.

September on the blog is a bit different as it's Praise Month, with this month being '30Days of Praise'.

Sooo, this week on Conversations with one, our topic is given by Ms MIA and we ask:

What are 3 qualities/character traits/shared experience you're grateful to God for about your Spouse/Significant Other?

Please be as expressive as possible. The great thing about praising God about someone is that it helps you think deeply as to how faithful God is, and also to re-appreciate having that special someone in your life.

I look forward to your responses!! Please join in the conversation! xx

*********************************************************

Ms Hope: I am grateful I have a man whom God has given the capacity to financially provide for the family, we have our basic needs met and some luxury here and there to the glory of God.

I am grateful for a husband who can make me breakfast in bed, lunch as I sit and watch TV and plantain and scrambled eggs‎ at night while I put the kids to bed.

I am grateful for a father who is not fazed to change diapers, 'back' his babies the African way and who spends quality time with his kids.

Thank You Jesus for our men who spend quality time with their kids!
Ms PYT: I love the fact that my hubby doesn't believe in the traditional African beliefs of what the domestic duties of a husband should be. He does the dishes, cleans the house, does d laundry etc. I never thought it was a big deal until I met husbands who've never done the dishes or even changed baby's diaper since they got married.
He is very generous and has a big heart. I love it when he cares about the people around him and even total strangers. He's my ATM and I love the fact that my ATM has never refused to cough money out, lol. He's very extravagant when spending on me and his kids. I thought it was normal until I met wives who didn't know how much their husbands earned or wives who couldn't play with hubby's bank card. Lol
He's so playful and has the heart of a baby which makes the atmosphere at home so relaxed even if there's fire on the mountain. Many men are always too serious and kids tend to run from them to mummy but he's very different which I'm grateful for.

Thank God for generous spouses!
One: Awwww! I'm loving this!! Thank God for wonderful spouses.. May God continue to bless them in Jesus name..

(Now you ladies are making marriage very appealing! Thank You Jesus!! :-) :-)

Ms MIA: I'm grateful to God for my new Man! He's a man in every sense of the word.

I thank God for 3 main reasons and more that I tell God about everyday.

1. I thank God that my man is expressive to me! I always wanted someone who is not ashamed/afraid to say- "I love you", "I'm sorry", "forgive me" and "thank you", and likes to talk with and to me (including nonesense). And it's from his heart.
2. I am thankful to God that this man knows how to pray and is not selfish at all with his prayers. He can pray for me and the people he cares about more than he prays for himself (now including my friends).
3. I thank God that this man has sense! To be real, common sense is not common! He can engage and challenge me, he can dream bigger than I do (if you know me, you know that I'm 'Josephine' the dreamer), he can think fast and do the right things yet he allows me to speak and not try to be 'the man'. The guy already knows he's a man.....shikena!

Lastly I wanna thank God for bringing me my friend. That's the icing on the cake, this man is my friend!

Thank God for praying men!
One: Awww... *sniff sniff*.. I'm totally loving this! Thank You awesome God for these amazing testimonies of your faithfulness!
PS I knew ladies would come out in full force on this one.. Where are the men?!! lol (I think this infers that ladies are more PDA-ish than men... Right or wrong?) lol

Ms TrueTalk: I am thankful for my wonderful husband in many ways; 3 of which are :
1) He's a giver, he would withold nothing, within his power from me and our children; he would also readily give to family, friends and even strangers. May God continue to bless him abundantly.

2) He's got impeccable taste in a lot of things that matter. I thank God for this, cos if it was left to me; Chai, it will just be 'german-german' (whatever that means, lol)

3) He is a very calm person, no matter how much he is provoked by me or anyone; he would hardly cause quarrel. It would take aaaalooot to see him lose his head/ calm. Great example to me of  'as long as it's within your power to maintain peace, do so'

Thank You God for a spouse who has good taste and buys thoughtful and kind gifts!
One: Hahaha @ GermanGerman! (Please warris that? Somebody, help!)
Aww.. Thank God for generous men! That is so important mehn! Wow... thank You Lord over and over again for being able to count our blessings concerning our spouses and SOs

NubianPrincess: Yup! I think the ladies are definitely more PDA-ish than the men.... :)

Happy new month ladies and gentlemen!!!

I want to thank God for my darling, dearest Significant Other!!! Honestly, I really don't know where to start or which aspects I should focus on... He is that amazing! *wink wink*

I am so blessed that God sent me a man who communicates from the heart. He is so emotionally open and honest that it's amazing! He knows how to speak to me so I hear what he's saying. He is expressive with the way he feels about me. He is intuitive - he senses when I'm down or upset and has such a loving way of drawing me out... He encourages me to vent and let of steam... He wants to talk about everything and nothing.... *deep breath.... Saying heartfelt prayer of thanksgiving*

I want to praise God in a very, very special way for sending me this wonderful man who is so exceedingly caaaaalllmmmmmmm.... My boo of life doesn't give in to fits of rage or even raise his voice. He knows how to express his displeasure or unhappiness in a way that makes me melt... Yes, seriously! Hehehehe... I can be a bit of a hothead but having a man who is mature and calm enough to talk things through with me and work through a disagreement while holding my hand is such an immense blessing...

In an ultra special way, I want to praise God for making my man soooooo finnnneeee!!!! I was going to say something all spiritual and ish but this is such an important quality, I couldn't leave it out! Loool! He is tall and muscular, with eyes that twinkle and a smile that just makes me want to faint!!! #FanningSelfVigorously #StillSwooning #GazingLovinglyAtPicture #MoreSwooning #DrinkingColdWater #EvenMoreSwooning #Faint

God has been sooooo wonderful to me in this area... From Day 1 till now, it has been supercalifragilistichespiralidocious!!!!!!! *chuckles*

Nubian, something like this? hehe.. Thank God for our good-looking spouses/SOs! :-D
Ms PYT: I hope there's someone to pour water on you after fainting o! 'GermanGerman' is a slang but I can't really explain it o! Example: Where you able to fix the cupboard? I just germangerman everything together jare.

NubianPrincess: Hahaha.... PYT, after lying on the ground for some time, I got up, dusted my clothes and carried on with life.... Loool!

One: Ms PYT, thanks for that definition.. I just knew you would be the one to know that answer! Our slang-dictionary.. Knows every one in the book! Hahaha
@Nubian.. I am fanning myself on your behalf! Infact this your thanksgiving is immense!! To God be ALL the glory.. Thank You Jesus *dancing*

Ms PumpkinUnited: I remember telling my now SO when he was toasting me how that he cannot handle me and that I'm too hotheaded for him bla bla bla, and that he was too gentle for my liking cause all I had known while growing up was aggression and 'by force by force' so this guy just seemed too unreal to be real.. But now I laugh because that same gentility is what has tamed me.. my baby is a gentleman to the core.
Things I love about him.. hmmm, how could I possibly fit all into just 3 points! lol (thinking whether or not to awaken tingilingi).. .. Anyway, here goes:

1. The way he cultivates me is just out of this world,  he is a sacrificial giver who loves unconditionally. He places my happiness and comfort above his own.
2. His sense of maturity, his homekeeping skills, (he cooks cleans and washes, to which I am exceedingly grateful to God for lol)
3. He's got good taste generally, infact my dress sense changed after I met him. He's a hopeless romantic, a fine boy, GQ aint got nothing on him!
Bonus *wink*: His heart for God amazes me (I always prayed and asked God to give me a man after His heart, and le boo is an answered prayer), he prays with me and for me, he cares about my spiritual life.
The list is endless.. Summary of it is that I love and enjoy the way he LOVES me, he treats me right.. #countingMyUncountableBlessings. Thank You Lord

It's alright for men to do dishes too :-) Thank God for them!
One: Awww... God bless your SO! Please don't awaken tingilingi oh (hahaha, gosh! Where do we get all these words?)

Mr Motivation: Well, all I can say about my Mi Amore is that she is an answer to a prayer I remember vividly praying in Jan 2012, which was “A lady who complemented my walk with God”. So with this prayer being answered and God being magnanimous as usual, she came with the following extras:

1. Top Cheerleader: Nothing can be compared to how my 1 and only cheerleader cheers me on and believes in me even when I sometimes doubt my capabilities.

2. Team Player: I am honestly not a fan of the traditional African stereotypical relationships where the lady is a “Yes Sir” kinda lady and not making quality contributions towards decisions. My baby has always got my back and nothing motivates me more than that.

3. A Tender Heart: For me this is the icing on the cake because despite the moments when she gives me a hard time….lol. She listens to my candid advice and knows the right words to say to make me forget what she did that annoyed me earlier. In other words, as I would hate to admit this, She has my “Mumu Button”.

And for this and many more Lord Jesus, I want to say that I am grateful and I look forward to a beautiful future ahead with my Mi Amore.
Thank God for the ones who've got our back always!
One: AMEN @ Mumu button.. This got me laughing out loud..

Thanks a lot MrMotivation.. God bless your MiAmore richly!

Thank You Jesus for such great testimonies.. You do write the best love stories :-)

So what's your praise-point with regards to your spouse or significant other? Please share in the comment box, counting your blessings and praising God for it!

**********************************************************
Join us tomorrow and the rest of the month as we celebrate Jesus and praise God in diverse ways! #30DaysofPraise

14 comments:

  1. Aww. I love it. I also join in, I will be vsdh descriptive as well.
    I want to thank God for my career. I love the flexibility of my work. I get to work from home or the office.
    I want to thank God for helping me to work towards the no THKS in my relationship.
    I want to thank God for my new car. I haven't had any reasons to complain about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the typo. It's my device.

      Delete
    2. Thank God for everything Myss Lafunky.. I join in your praise to Him!! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for him even though I haven't met him yet.
    I am grateful that he will love me like Christ loved the church, that he will be faithful, that our children will be like olive plants round about the table.
    I am grateful that he will be awesome, and that he will love God like I do.
    Very grateful that waiting for him will be worth it cos God saved the best for last.
    I am grateful that this vision will not tarry and will surely come to pass.
    Yes oh. That is what I am grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! Thank God!! With God we are assured that His choice will be the best.. I thank God for all these and more dear xx

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this, all the responses were sooo sweet. May God continue to bless all your spouses and significant others.
    I haven't met him yet but I know that when I do I will have numerous praise-points. I will have so many things to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen...The responses were honestly so beautiful.

      Amen, you will and we thank God in advance for it too! xx

      Delete
  4. Well, I think d word isn't 'german-german' buh 'jama-jama' Of course, I know Nigerian Pidgin has a very complex & irregular orthography due to d diverse loan words & slangs buh this particular word is got from the English word 'jam' which means, 1. to muddle things 2geda widout going thru normal procedure/instruction. 2. to wedge forcibly into a tight position.
    For instance, d example one of d ladies gave; Ques: were u able 2 fix d cupboard? Ans: I just jamajama everything 2geda jae. Anoda example is dis; Ques: Oh boy, aw ur timetable be lyk next week? Ans: Abeg, I neva know o, i just dey do jamajama o. #I hope my explanation helped a bit# :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowiee.. Thank you for that very detailed definition! You are now our official dictionary hun!! :-)
      Your explanation more than helped lol.. Thanks a lot dearie xx

      Delete
  5. Sooooo many things to be thankful for...I am thankful for Ayo....an amazing lady....I see all them posts mami....and I am super duper grateful....I think I will join you in the 30 days of Praise...I mean....what's not to be thankful for right?...Nice read mami...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Tibs!! Thank God for you! You are such an amazing person! I hope to meet you soon (please my in-law {from our Edo connection *wink*) make sure you let us know when you visit!)

      So many things to be grateful for mami! Infact, too many...
      Excited about you joining in! We will raise a great praise to our great God! xx

      Delete
  6. Mehnnn... this series is just awesome... I finally realized that Topics like this yeah, can actually give me a peek into a womans head ( Not just a peek sef, but a Cinema kinda view sef :) )... So these are the things women like ba?? Wow! its funny cause many like me believe otherwise. Okay lets do a quickie example: Gentility. I am of the opinion that Women detest Gentle men, but here I am seeing Women that practically adore Gentility. and i am like confused.com Thanks for this Bubba.

    P.S: At a time ehn 1+ THE ONE, I brought out My Journal of thoughts and started taking notes. hehehe I love this series wella...

    P.P.S: Haba! Where is Mr JohnNash nah??? he is my inspiration on the Series oh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha @cinema kinda view...
      Yes oh, we like gentle men!! The gra gra is nice once in a while but mehn, usually gentility wins most of the time.. ... (please don't mistake this for dullness oh.. Be gentle but sharp haha)

      Write on John-the Beloved, please write on!!

      Even me I missed MrNash this week.. He's gathering ammunition for next week I guess :-) .. I will pass on your regards dear! xx

      Delete
  7. Awwwww, awwww, awwww again.
    Thank God for men that GIVE! + share chores, back babies? Yes, I tap, I tap into this.

    And foine mhen too? Godly ones? I tap, double tap.looools

    Trust God always, He does bring the best..

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)