Pages

Friday 14 March 2014

Dear Daddy

My Dearest Daddy,

The God of my youth.

It’s been a while I wrote to You. My Best Friend, my Completion, the owner of my head – I think that sounds better in my Yoruba language – Olowo ori mi. Beautiful One that I adore, you indeed own my head, my body, my feet, my soul, my spirit.. Infact like the lovely Psalmist expresses it, my soul and ALL that is within me gives you praise.

My Heart adores You, my gall bladder dances before you, my scapula acknowledges your majesty, my medulla oblongata knows without a shadow of doubt that there is none like you, my Kidneys exalt you, my liver gives you worship, my tendon rejoices in you, my shin stands in awe of you, my left and right ventricles are filled with love for you, my retina sees your faithfulness and my lips will forever sing Your praises! Oh Lord, King of glory, I stand amazed in your presence and it is you I will worship for ever!

Daddy, a man remembers the 'wife of his youth', usually a term of endearment to acknowledge that “we’ve come a mighty long way!”.. Indeed Lord, You are the God of my youth!

I remember with such joy, fondness and gratitude how my relationship with you has evolved through childhood to teenage years, and now to young adulthood – It has been a REAL pleasure Joy of my World, and I stand utterly grateful for what is my most prized possession, my free gift of inestimable value.. Your love for me, your grace so sweet, your salvation so true.

God of my Youth. I love you yesterday, I love you today and I will love You tomorrow.

Your forever girl,

One xx

6 comments:

  1. Awesome God, Lover of my Soul, Oghie nor n'Oghie, Beautiful Saviour, Adani ma gbagbe eni, Aja m'alada, Ajagun m'ayinbo, Oyigi-yigi, Kaaaaaaaaaaabiesi o, Lord of lords, King of kings, God of gods, Oloruko Nla, Akiiikitan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome God, Lover of my Soul, Oghie nor n'Oghie, Beautiful Saviour, Adani ma gbagbe eni, Aja m'alada, Ajagun m'ayinbo, Oyigi-yigi, Kaaaaaaaaaaabiesi o, Lord of lords, King of kings, God of gods, Oloruko Nla, Akiiikitan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halleluyah!! He deserves all the praise we could ever give and more!

    *Woop woop* - The best woman on earth has left a comment! {laying out the red carpet/trumpets sound} - The best mama in the whole world! My wonderful cheerleader, ego boost, fantastic encourager!! Mother of life! :-)
    Welcome to the blog mum! And thank you for commenting! I lovey love you!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting on my blog post. Lol. I really enjoyed my trip.

    I love post like this that make you break out in your personal dance and song. Like an inside joke between you and your maker. Groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this post. There's a sweetness in my heart when we praise God!
    This God that rocks my world, this my lover, helper, deliverer, healer, warrior, laughter, father, lifter, Alpha, Omega......should I continue????
    Wonderful God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Isha, Remember you are hooking me up with your Aunty's house lol.. You''re right, it's a ersonal love thang!
    @Isioma, Oh please go on and on! Not many pleasures can compare with an experience with the King of Kings through worship!

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)