Pages

Monday 2 September 2013

September Praise Festival - My no 1 occupation!

Welcome to a brand new and beautiful month! I pray that it will be a month to remember for great things, for answered prayers, for grand testimonies, for wonderful achievements and for amazing stories. I am so excited about this month - Don't ask me why, I just am! I am very grateful to God for it and like the song goes "I gat a feeling that this month will be a good month, that the month will be a good good month!!" lol

Ok, so I learnt something over the weekend at an event I went for and it has inspired the theme of the blog for the month of September and I am extending the invitation to as many people as would like to join in!

So some of my friends and I were gisting (well I was doing more of the listening lol) and then the discussion geared towards weddings and vendors, particularly bands that come to play at weddings and their praise-singing.

  source source

Some of the guys among us started talking about their experiences of praise singers and how when the singers start calling your name and singing your praise it's almost like jazz as you don't know when you start spraying money that you have and you don't have. They were like "I used to think that it could never happen to me until one day they asked for my name and started calling it in different styles and praising me". 2 of them admitted that it got to their heads so much that they actually left the dance floor to look for the next available ATM (Cashpoint) to get more money!

They said there's a way it gets to your head that you can't control. One said that after one of such unplanned spending (haha), he was broke for 3 months! (lol)..

 source

As we laughed and joked about it, something struck me and I was like "One, expo right there!". We are made in God's image! That's why when Solomon gave those burnt offerings, God was like ask me anything!!Same with Abraham and Isaac (that sacrificed provoked an everlasting covenant of blessings for Abraham) and not to forget my main guy David, God referred to Him as a man after His own heart and your guess is as good as mine on why he must have earned such a title - that man could thank, sing, dance, worship, praise!
In my mind I was like those praise singers do it for a living for human beings, let me do it for my God! Like start calling Him names, talking about His greatness. Imagine how God feels when we are celebrating Him, calling Him by His different names, telling Him of His wondrous works and just rejoicing in that!

 source  source

The truth has been given to us time and time again. We need to use it! If human beings are willing to almost sell a kidney to spray praise singers, imagine how much blessings you provoke from God when you unashamedly and whole-heartedly praise HIM! And the most beautiful part is that God's names and praises are the truth and He is deserving of every praise we can offer and more!

So, ladies and gentlemen, this month I am doing a PRAISE-FESTIVAL! I want to make praise-singing/giving for my JESUS my no 1 profession and occupation!

 source  source

Every day in September, I will be highlighting names of God and sharing testimonies where possible of how that name is real to me! I hope to come up with new styles of extolling the names and absolute awesomeness of God.. Please feel very free to join in too! Either in the comment box or on your blog pages.. Let's raise a praise revolution people! I'm excited! :-)

KABIYESI MI! EZE DI EZE! AGBANILAGBATAN! UNCHANGEABLE CHANGER! MON DIEU! JESUS! JESU! ONYEDIKAGI CHUKWU! MALITE NA GUGU! YESHUA! ABASI! UBANGIJI! I AM! CONSUMING FIRE! MIGHTY WARRIOR! AGUNE CHEMBA 1! JEHOVAH!!!!!!

7 comments:

  1. For some reason, I've also felt that this month of September is special and one of the ways to key into the goodness God has planned for us this month is to praise Him! So thank you oneplustheone for this post. I too will be getting my praise on girl!
    I'm excited to see what posts you have in store for us in regards to God's names
    God bless you oneplustheone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that praise thing eh! The people that have discovered it know that it works like magic on human beings. Nobody can praise you that much without receiving favours from you. How much more our maker? Wise women use it to get things from their husbands, marketers use it to get good deals. Everybody loves praise and a little bit of it can make a whole lot of difference. Me, I choose to praise at all times oh! Nice one! You can just see someone's heart in her writings and yours is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous! Amen and amen! The more the better :-) Thanks a lot for your comment, lovely! xx
    @Femmetotale, I love that - "Nobody can praise you that much without receiving favours from you. How much more our Maker?"
    And awww thanks thanks thanks @ beautiful heart...May God bless you much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. God works in mysterious ways, I also started this month with praise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There seems to be something about praise in the atmosphere! Please let's tap into it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if you are a stone, when praise gets to a certain level, you won't be able to ignore it again.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)