Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Fallin' in love with YOU!

Hello beautiful people!!!!

I am so sorry I have been MIA.. Apologies from the bottom of the heart for the break and for not posting the regular series last week - Waiting and Loving It + Chronicles of Sebastian.. I have been on a high-level secret mission, taking down bad guys and generally saving the world.. iKid hehe

I will make a fab Super-hero though.. Yes? :-D (Like my Super-Sword? :-D)
Thanks to everyone who checked in via email, twitter and comments.. I am sooo grateful to you.. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and for reaching out, it meant a lot to me and I am grateful *kisses*

I am happy to say that we are BACK by God's grace :-) ...

The month of May makes me so so excited! I don't why, maybe because May is the 5th month of the year and 5 is the number of grace (I love me some grace and favour.. you should too! :-).. Or maybe because I have so many nearest and dearest people born in the month of May including my wonderfully precious Mama et Papa.. or maybe because I sense that there's something absolutely special about this particular month of May.... I think that must be it!

The theme for the blog this month is 'Love YOU'.... A lot of posts on this blog are focused on relationships.. I don't think I have left anyone in doubt that I love love (lol) and that I am personally veryy interested in anything that promotes it and helps people to have fulfilling relationships by God's grace - I am all up for it.. I get all shades of excited just discussing love and tinz lol..

However, I am persuaded that a lot of us need to take a minute from loving others (or looking for someone to love) to actually take a moment to love, appreciate and celebrate who God has made us to be.. Sebastian's post HERE rings so true and I remember again how we sometimes forget to actually LOVE ourselves - to love 'Me', to celebrate the fearfully and wonderfully made creature that God placed on planet earth. To discover the blessings embedded in our DNA in order to ensure that we fulfill ALL that God has called us to be..

This month, we will focus more on falling in love with the unique person that God has made each of us to be and revelling in the wonder that we individually are.

                                     source

Aren't you curious about this specie that the Almighty God thought precious enough to lay His life for? Aren't you curious about really knowing how awesomely special you are? Have you ever wondered if what you are doing now is commensurate to the greatness that has been deposited in you.

Do you realise that you cannot give what you don't have? You see, Jesus said "Love your neighbour AS you love yourself".... In order to really really love someone else, you have to first fall in love with YOU..

                                       source

A lot of us desire to be in the best relationships - romantic and platonic - a huge part of that is dependent on the quality of the people in that relationship and that includes YOU. When you love who you are, it becomes easier to give love to others + the quality is much better :-)

So, I welcome you ladies and gentlemen to the month of falling in love with and celebrating YOU! xxxx

 LOVE YOURSELF by DES-FAN source


11 comments:

  1. I'll be laying on the bed for the next hour, just hugging me and loving me. I deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo true!! No one will give me the love I truly deserve if I first of all don't recognise and love myself the way i ought to - the way God wants me to -. Wonderful post Ayo. And of course you'll make a fantastic superhero. Your name - The Super One perhaps? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you.where is Sabbas post?waited endlessly for it.Dont let's get used to it and then disappoint us oh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is not a coincidence, it's divine plan to reach out to me.......This is my birth Month too and with these post coming, i'll soon take over the world...hehehe
    Thanks You Jesus

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ireti, How was it? :-) You sure deserve it soo much!!
    @Anonymous1, You hit the nail on the head - We must learn to love ourselves the way God wants us to.. Oh I'm loving that Super-hero name! "Super One to the rescueee!" lol.
    @Anonymous2, Lol.. We will have to ask Sabs nicely :-) Don't worry, he has a very kind heart so I am sure there's more to come by God's grace xx
    @Ugo, AMEN! It's no coincidence at all! So you're one the great people born in May? Fantastic! I look forward to celebrating you hun.. God bless you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its amazing reading the great work you are doing and how you tirelessly water many souls. This month, Ayo you will be watered, renewed and restored. Of the blessings you lash out in your posts, the Lord replenish with double. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thank you so much Lola! Amen and Amen! to your prayers. God bless you loads too.. I am very grateful :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super yayyyy! Giving me some nice, gentle lovin'.
    Thank you Ayo for allowing God use you set the month :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ayo! We sure did miss you. I learnt the hard way of learning to love myself. By the time I realized it, water don pass under the bridge.

    Thank God for gis grace that makes us feel brand new *lol*. Welcome!

    Please visit www.girlane.com for How-Tos on organising, arts & craft, food and simple living.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Oluwatosin, thanks a lot hun *big hug*.. Thank God that you got there in the end.. It's so important xx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)