Pages

Friday 9 May 2014

Dear Daddy - Silas Omoha

In the spirit of the theme for the month of May which is Love YOU - Celebrating and falling in love with the unique individual that God has made each and every one of us, we will be doing 'Dear Daddy' differently.
Each Friday this month, we will have different guests writing a Dear Daddy post appreciating God for the gifts and blessings He's graciously invested in them.. It's a great opportunity to celebrate YOU, thanking God for being ever so gracioius :-)

I love that this comes from a guy.. Men are sometimes not the most expressive of people, however I love the beauty of the expression of this wonderful young man in his heart-to-heart interaction with His Abba Father.. Our Daddy has truly made such great people!

******************************************************
Dear Daddy,

I can’t believe I just called you that! As you already know, I have become accustomed to calling you, ‘Father of mercy!’; my special penchant in my ever consistent attempt to get your attention and to ask for another favour.

Well today, I write to remind you once more that I’m thankful for your unbelievable consistency and loyalty. Who would be ever so foolish to trade a God like you for another?

When I consider the vast amount of divine intelligence at your disposal; Your ability to know the worst about people like me, and yet love them, it simply blows my mind!

When I consider the might of your matchless superiority and majestic grandeur; Your obvious unimaginable schedule, and how you still make time to pay attention to people like me, evidenced by the many testimonies I can boast of. It simply blows my mind!

When I pay attention to the long distance I have covered through you in life’s short race; Your benevolence, your patience, your matchless love… Above all, how you could have picked someone like me literally from what we often describe as the miry clay, and then repackage me… It simply blows my mind!

While I remain dazzled by your loving wonder, permit me to make an affirmation. I affirm in the words of Jonathan McReynolds that, as surely as I know my name, I also know one thing that will never change; that is

I LOVE YOU!

I know we get to fellowship quite often, even now, but I think it is romantic to write you a letter right in front of you. (Considering our many sided relationship; Daddy, Friend, Lover of my soul, Confidant, Hope and Everything I need, all I want and all I will ever need). Don’t you think so?

Your boy, 
Silas

***************************************************

Want to send a letter to our Daddy? We welcome you to send in yours to oneplustheone@gmail.com (not more than 300 words)... Posts will be published on Fridays! Celebrate Jesus, celebrate His glory in YOU!

3 comments:

  1. I completely love this expression of love to our Dear Daddy.... Well done Silas!
    Love you to the highest heaven's and back Daddy xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Daddy, I join Your son, Silas, to say thank you for blessing him with such a lovely voice with which he joyfully leads us to worship You at various programs. Thank You daddy for blessing our generation with Silas. Na ekele unu Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Isioma, Great expression.. Abba Father deserves it and so much more! God bless you and Silas! xx
    @Anonymous, Amen! Thank You Daddy.. God bless you Anon xx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)