Pages

Friday 17 October 2014

Dear Daddy

My Darling Father and Friend,

I look forward to writing to you each week (and speaking to you as often as possible). Most High God, words cannot express how grateful I am to to You for making it possible for me to come boldly to you and to have a relationship with You - Father to daughter. No protocols, just me and You.

Thank You for Your Son Jesus whom You gave up to die for our sins so that our relationship with You can be fully restored.

My Superman! The One that makes me complete in every way, I am satisfied with You in every way. You are the best thing that could ever happen to me!!!

I thank You for doing things in spectacular fashion. You never do things by half measures, Your ways are always superb! You did it by parting the red sea for the children of Israel when it seemed to them like the end had come..

You did it for Abraham and Sarah when You gave them a wonderful son, Isaac to show that You keep promises and You are the real Covenant Keeper.

You did it for Naomi, just when she thought her life was over, you renewed her joy by blessing her with a grandson through her wonderful daughter-in-law Ruth.

You did it for Ruth who must have thought that life was over for her since she lost her husband and was moving to a new place with new customs, but You surprised her by giving her one of the most eligible men in town - Boaz.. A man that many ladies still use as a point of contact till today :-)

You did it for Jarius, he thought His daughter was gone but You said no "She's only sleeping" and so it was, for a girl who had stopped living came alive when the Fountain of Life stepped in..

How can I forget Lazarus? That was a forgotten case! A lost cause.. Dead for 1,2,3 days! Yet, when you, the One who controls life and death stopped by, death had to reject Lazarus, because its Master called out "Lazarus, come forth!"

You are the One who holds the key of David in Your hands - You open the door that no man can shut, you shut the door and no man can open! You are the One who speaks a thing and it is done, You even call the things that are not as though they were. You decree a thing and it is established. Papa, impossible is nothing with You!

I stand in awe of You, I respect You, I honour You, I fear You, I am amazed by You, I submit to You, I ascribe greatness to You, I admit that only You are Lord, I confess You as my Saviour, I love You my King.

You rock, You reign, You rule!

Love today and always,
One xx


12 comments:

  1. "You never do things by half measures"

    Very true. God is always helping, seeking, caring, loving ALL the way. While I often only go and do small-small here, trusting a little there, being too distracted and uncommitted, God is fully there for us, his plans are always long-term, his comfort (love the Naomi analogy) is more than mere words and his love touches us deeply.

    Thanks for that reminder in your beautiful prayer :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's our God :-) So full of love and care for us His children..

      Delete
  2. What a beautifully written letter! I love the relationship between you and your heavenly Father!! What an awesome, magnificent, loving, benevolent and omnipotent God He is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is truly awesome.. A great Father in every way.

      Delete
  3. I couldn't stop saying "Hallelujah" has I read this... He is awesome. Blows my mind when I think of His magnificence
    BeautyGeekng.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! You give us such a clear example of how to approach God's throne with confidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God! It is great and empowering to know that God loves fellowship time with us and has made the way very clear for us :-) xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ha, my sis.. Thank God for the right words :-)

      Delete
  6. You have caused GOD to consider sacking the 24 elders before his throne...he's step out from heaven looking for THE ONE who wrote these things....well done.

    All adulation to you Yaweh!
    Saintrhymes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mehn, I say a big AMEN to that (not the sacking of the 24 Elders oh... Please there's enough room for even more Praise-rs lol)

      All praise to our Great King!

      Delete

You know you want to say something :-)