Pages

Thursday 26 June 2014

No need to make a fuss, this is IT!

I was reading the book of Luke recently and in the 2nd Chapter, it describes the birth of Jesus. Now what impressed me was the fact that even though it had been revealed to Mary and Joseph that their baby was the promised Messiah, in addition to all the amazing signs that followed, 8 days after He was born, he was circumcised and named. Also, after the days of Mary's purification, according to the Law of Moses, just like every other child, the boy Jesus was presented in the temple.

This was the One whose birth was revealed by an angelic visitation to both parents, whose conception was by the power of the Holy Spirit, whose status as Messiah had already been confirmed in many ways, by different witnesses to His parents, yet His parents deemed it fit for him to go through the 'process' of life at that stage of his life... His whole life in terms of his development stage was just like every normal child.

He didn't wake up an adult, he didn't start prophesying the moment he came out of his mother's womb (that would have been a tad scary! lol), he didn't spend 3 months in the womb and then become born, he didn't grow teeth from the womb nor was he baptised before birth!

                                 Nah ah! Lol  - Pic Source                                             
Now my point in stating the above is that it struck me that this was the Messiah! If anyone had the grace to 'bypass' some 'processes' in life, he had all the justification, and ability to do so! But no, just like you and me, he went through the process.

The BIG lesson for me as I read was that it is important to 'go through the process'...

I related what I read in Luke to relationships (figures, right? lol). You know, sometimes we meet that person that we 'click' with so well... or probably even see a vision, have a dream or have a clear idea that this is clearly the one for and we jump right in, bypassing a few things here and there because we 'know' that this is IT.

The 'process' could include actually getting to know this person well, asking questions, gauging reactions to different things, working out how you work out differences and handle conflicts or celebrations. Discussing dreams and aspirations and checking that they align, and where they do not, prayerfully considering where compromise needs to come in.

The process could also include allowing yourself to be properly 'courted'.. No 'rush rush' something like that (borrowing the words of Princess the Comedian lol). Going out on dates where possible and having very necessary conversations or just generally being with the person, to understand both spoken and unspoken modes of communication.

Some brothers have 'fallen my hand' a number of times when I hear stories of them 'receiving' for a sister (that is when the Lord has revealed to them that you are his wife) and expecting that from then on, 'sharp sharp', things just have to follow quick quick.. No wonder they say that 'brothers' could be the most unromantic of men lol.. How about having the privilege of that wonderful information (because it's a real privilege when God does reveal things to you), and then 'wooing' her properly. Pray brother pray, but in addition to that, buy her flowers, ask her out to dinner, think of creative ways to go the extra mile - after all, faith without works is dead right?

Also, sometimes, when the waiting period has been quite a while, it is great to meet someone wonderful and want to progress things fast, but it is also important to ensure that we are not carried away by the headiness of love and the experience of waiting for a while that we forget to get to know the person properly too. One of my favourite Preachers on relationships Pastor Bimbo Odukoya of blessed memory once used the analogy of a woman who experiences some delay in having children, she said even if she takes in at the age of 45 or so, would God say ok because I see that time has really passed, don't bother about 9months, in 3months have the baby! No, infact you would be very worried if it happened that way.

I guess I just wanted to remind you that yes you may have received the perfect confirmation, waited quite long, wanted it so bad, but don't be afraid of, or forget to go through the process. Don't bypass certain things or excuse certain things because of that.

Race to the altar? lol Pic Source
You deserve that time of courtship, you deserve the romance too (no matter how brief), most importantly, you deserve to get information. You would never know everything about the person you intend to marry during courtship but I dare say that it would probably make you better prepared for the significant journey ahead. xx

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, I really loved reading it. A real reminder, thanks Ayo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice post and reminder. I remember a blog post I once wrote about still wanting to be wooed despite already knowing that he's 'the one'. Lol @ the last pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I love how you brought that book to life with your interpretation! Very valid....and applicable in ALL spheres of life! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wasn't just "nice" to me-it kind of fits in with what's up with me right now.
    Go slowly, don't skip the process,even if he is the one,Frances go slowly.-that's word for me right there,for right now,truly.
    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ayo i think this is also applicable to marriage. What ever we do or are believing God for, bypassing the process can be fatal. Thanks so so much for the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Isioma, Thanks dear. I'm glad you loved reading it xx
    @Tomi, Thanks dear..Please share the link of your article, I would like to read it! xx
    @HD, hiyaaa! Thanks hun.. You are very right, it does apply to other things in life beyond relationships.
    @Frances, Amen! Thanks a lot hun.. I am glad it blessed you, your comment means a lot xx
    @The Winlos, thank you so much for your comment. I agree with you.. Whatever we do or believing God for, it's best to not bypass the process.. Usually it makes for a wholesome experience!
    Thanks everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Isioma, Thanks dear. I'm glad you loved reading it xx
    @Tomi, Thanks dear..Please share the link of your article, I would like to read it! xx
    @HD, hiyaaa! Thanks hun.. You are very right, it does apply to other things in life beyond relationships.
    @Frances, Amen! Thanks a lot hun.. I am glad it blessed you, your comment means a lot xx
    @The Winlos, thank you so much for your comment. I agree with you.. Whatever we do or believing God for, it's best to not bypass the process.. Usually it makes for a wholesome experience!
    Thanks everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post
    Thanks girl!
    Keep reading and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank You Ayo, if only the "brothers" can read this and learn. I used to hear of the "I heard from God that you are the one" and I always laughed about it. I jokingly used to say that Angel Gabriel appeared to both Joseph and Mary. God is not the author of confusion o.
    And so a "brother" in church started checking up on me and all. I did not se anything there. he started buying books for me and am like okay....hmmm. And then he broke the bombshell....hahahahha.
    "Daddy said so and so" Are you kidding me? Does he think I don't hear from God. I didn't even give him any time to hear him out. hIs approach was so wrong. He told me to go and pray about it, I told him there was no need. I had rather pray for the kids in Sudan. That's why people diss the "Christain brothers" and tag them as boring set of people. Please go through the process as Ayo has said. If you like a girl, approach her and woo her. Don't come and be claiming you hear from God. Me too, I hear from Daddy...lol!
    God bless Ayo for this. I wish I could send it to him.....hehehhehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Debby, thanks hun!
    @Gracie! Hahaha.. You're comment made me laugh.. The thing is that it is great to hear from God but it is also important not to assume automatic 'entrance' because of that.. Like you so rightly said (and thanks for that analogy!).. God spoke to BOTH Mary and Joseph.. Although He spoke to Mary first and Joseph's reaction was initially not accepting, she wasn't moved because she KNEW the message she had received. In due time, Joseph got His own complementing message too!
    I believe another great message from that is to know God for yourself.. Don't wait to be told by another person, God's purpose for your life. If He said it, He will certainly let you in too!
    May God give us wisdom indeed in Jesus name xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your comment on the first hit the nail right on the head!!
    Nice one :-) xx
    And the second story os just lovely! Thanks for sharing the links dear.. More ink to your pen :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for this Ayo it came at the right time for me. I need to take it slow no need to rush.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hnmm, those are profound words for deep thinking. God bless you dear

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Sharon, thanks a lot. I'm glad it blessed you xx
    @Florence, Amen, thanks and welcome hun! God bless you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this great reminder. Everything you said is very true. People should know that being single is also fun, and proper courtship is amazing, cos of many reasons I can't begin to list now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is! I think the realisation strikes after marriage that 'I probably should have enjoyed that stage more' - not because marriage isn't greater but because every stage has its beauty xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah this is lovely, an acquaintance has experienced this and seemed to love the rush

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Ayo I will definitely be stuck on your blog. Where have I been? I love your interpretation of that Bible chapter. God bless you as you bless others. Nwando

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Anonymous, Oh I know what you mean about the rush.. I love it too! LOL...
    @Nwando!! Welcome!! Great to have you here hun.. Amen! Thanks a lot for your comment dear xx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)