Pages

Thursday 5 March 2015

Conversations with One: The Miracle Worker!

Today's Conversation with One is a very special one...

As you know, Conversations with One is a summary of actual discussions that take place among a group of friends. We start the discussion and then we open the floor for you to join in!

Now this week, we had a spectacular opener when one of us shared an experience that happened to her over the weekend and it changed the course of the week's discussion as we thought it was only appropriate to turn this week's post to a Praise Fest!

Nubian Princess was saved in what could only have been God's miraculous intervention and when shared with us, we thought it would be a great opportunity to take out time to count our blessings and truly acknowledge the faithfulness of God to us all..

We encourage you as well to share with us and 'shout it from the rooftops', an experience that you know that only God could have saved you, or an experience where God proved His faithfulness to You!

We know there are innumerable incidences so we look forward to hearing yours.. However, first of, NubianP sets the pace with this testimony that makes you just want to exalt the name of our Excellent God!

******************************************************
Image result for miracle working God
Oh yes He is!
NubianPrincess - Before you even read this (it's a tad long), please stop, take a second and just say Thank You JESUS!!! You see, sometimes, we don't realise just how much GOD protects and shields us from, and sometimes, because things aren't going the way "we" planned, we may get a bit more caught up in the asking part of our prayers that we forget to just stop and give Him thanks and praise... So on that note, THANK YOU, THANK YOU JESUS!!!

Last week Thursday night into Friday morning, I couldn't' really sleep and so I spent the night recounting the goodness and faithfulness of God in my life amidst a lot of tears! :) In the morning, prompted by the Holy Spirit, I started a testimony walk down memory lane on a Whatsapp group I belong to. I asked people what the greatest miracle they had received from God was and I shared two miracles from 2008 - divine healing and divine deliverance from a near-fatal car accident. We all shared testimonies and worshiped the LORD for His awesomeness towards us!

Last week Sunday, I had gone to Church, after which I decided to stop at Chocolat Royal to buy some pastries to take home (My aunties had all arrived the night before and the house was full). I bumped into some friends at Chocolat Royal and we spent the next hour catching up and taking a couple of pictures as we hadn't seen in over a year!!

Around 12:15 or so, I entered my car, placed a call to my mum to tell her I was on my way home and I set off. At a point I started singing "We are saying thank you Jesus" over and over. I was going about 80 km/hr.

When I was about 7 minutes away from my house, the tyre of a Range Rover car (two cars in front of me) burst and the driver lost control of the car, the vehicle behind him swerved onto my lane to avoid a collision, I swerved off the road to avoid the vehicle hitting me and entered a ditch, at the same time, another car hit me from behind and I lost control of my car.

I don't know how many times my car spun round, at one point, it tilted and almost somersaulted, I slammed into the car from the front, another car hit me from the side, and my car just kept on spinning round and round.

Eventually the car stopped in another ditch facing the opposite side of the road (as if I were driving against traffic).... I was shaking so hard and I was in complete shock - I couldn't feel anything or even move. It took several attempts from passers-by who were knocking on my window and shouting to get me to unlock the doors.

But the GOD that we worship is faithful! I walked out of the car without any physical injuries (just a lot of pain and swelling from all the knocking around), even the damage my car sustained is minimal compared to everything that had happened!

I can't say too much more, but please, abeg, can somebody shout a big HALLELUYAAHHHHH to the KING of Kings and the LORD of Lords for sparing my life, for giving me peace throughout the ordeal, for raising helpers for me - people who were protecting me and fighting for me and sorting everything out, for covering me completely with mercy and favour, for not letting those pictures be my last pictures, for not letting that call to my mum be my last call, for not letting Church that morning be the last time I was in His house, for not letting me die a sudden, painful death, for sending His angels to keep watch over me and to guard me in all my ways... THANK YOU JESUS!!! Father, I worship you!! THANK YOU DADDY!!! I give you allll the glory!! Faithful GOD... Awesome Father!!! Baba, be thou exalted, adored, glorified and magnified both now and forever more, in JESUS name, amen!!

And on that joyful and joyous note, I pass on the baton.... PRAISE GOD!!!

Mr John Nash: Indeed God is awesome!! I'd just like to share a little bit of the numerous things that God has done for me in the space of just one year! You know, just like Nubian. as I reflected on it on Monday morning, I couldn't help the tears that flowed as I was saying to myself "I know I haven't done anything to deserve all these wonderful blessings".. But I thank God for His faithfulness. I celebrated my birthday recently and God in His mercy surprised me with 2 wonderful birthday presents. Things I had been praying about - 1) I got offered admission into a very competitive course at one of the best universities - it could only have been God 2) Earlier this year, I received a notice from my Landlord that I had to vacate his house in one month's time. I was thrown off and didn't even know what to do. Well, to cut the long story short, God intervened and turned what was a disappointment around to being a testimony, as He opened the door for me own a home.. So from being potentially homeless to being a home-owner. It could only have been God! I give Him ALL the glory!

Image result for miracle working God
When God steps in, ANYTHING can happen! #MiracleWorker
************************************************************
And yes, we pass on the baton to you.. Is there an experience you'd like to share about God's faithfulness and saving power? Please do so by leaving a comment.

You see, there is something so very powerful about sharing testimonies, and I believe that as we all share our testimonies on this forum, the LORD will continue to prove Himself faithful in our lives, all our testimonies shall be made permanent and we shall have many, many, many more reasons to testify to the faithfulness of our GOD in JESUS name, amen!

Don't forget, God still answers prayers!

*************************************************************

Remember that 1 + The One is very social :-) Please connect with us on: 

Twitter: @1plustheone
Instagram: @1plustheone 

Also, if you have any question or comment please send us an email too - oneplustheone@gmail.com

19 comments:

  1. Hiiii eryone....
    Hav bin a silent reader....
    I luv dis blog.....
    GOD is indeed awesome...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww nice to 'meet' you Ella! Thanks a lot for coming out of silence and leaving a comment :-) God bless you richly xxxx
      Oh yes, you can say that again, our God is AWESOME!!

      Delete
  2. Sometime last year, the plane I was in almost crashed. It was the scariest moment of my entire life. I told God to please give me a second chance and He did. I'm super grateful and thankful and now I just want to live my life to please Him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Praise God indeed for His great deliverance. I join you in giving praise to our King!
      May He give you the grace to live a life pleasing to Him in Jesus name xxxx

      Delete
  3. Numerous numerous blessings that I cannot count o! I can only say Thank You my Father! There is truly no one like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU Lord!
      We give you praise for the blessings seen and unseen

      Delete
  4. Wow...thank God. He's our keeper, our sheild, our Shade.
    Nubian Princess...it is well!
    The Lord is our Rock
    Therefore no Don can Jazz us...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lyricist in the building!
      StRhymes, you should do a Music and Me post!!

      Delete
    2. Ok @Ayo, I'll send a post soon!

      Delete
  5. Awesome awesome
    The Lord God Yahweh is good to us
    Thankful for the interception of the Holy Ghost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God!
      It was a great interception indeed. To God be all the glory!

      Delete
  6. I will never stop thanking God for what He did for my brother. He's the same reason I keep thanking God everyday. God is ever faithful. What negative report did the doctors not say, he will have a stunted growth by 10 amongst others. Even when his only kidney packed up, God was there for us. Anytime, i remember those times when his body was all swollen up and he looked like a moving corpse, i can only Thank God every second. The way God stepped in ehn, words cannot explain. He is a living testimony of God's Faithfulness. Everyday when i see how fresh and handsome he gets, I know that God never sleeps nor slumbers. Anytime i'm in a difficult situtation, i just look at my brother and remember that if God can see us through all of these, nothing is indeed too difficult for Him to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many times, God does something in our lives that wows us for a lifetime.
      I thank God for your brother's testimony dear, over and over again! It is enough to think about that experience and be consistently reminded that God is absolutely faithful! Matchless in all His ways

      Delete
  7. God is indeed an awesome God, hw has bin merciful to me in so many ways, I feel so light wen something is bothering me I commit it to God cos I knw he will work it out

    Pls @1 visit d new blog on d block
    Jibbyks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. This lines hit me the most:

    "for not letting those pictures be my last pictures, for not letting that call to my mum be my last call, for not letting Church that morning be the last time I was in His house"

    its amazing yeah, sad but amazing... How we often forget how seemingly 'worse' things were before they became bad (better), how we often count pain and worry about the irrelevant things like i just read on www.janybenylshares.com , how we forget to say a simple 'Thank you' for what we have, but remember to question the ALMIGHTY GOD for that which we dont have which we want but we might not even need.. it is sad.. Mehn I read Ms Nubian P's testimony yeah, and at a time i shouted WHOA!! truly GOD be praised for saving her life cause no be small thing oh.. That was a big deal... Trul yeah, #ItcanonlybeGOD.

    I am going through a silent hell now, but i will take this line with me to use it when i can: "Don't forget, God still answers prayers!.." Please beg him to help me to remember to not forget that he remembers me, cause though i feel and know he is around, but like i told Ribena on the phone a while back, i just feel empty like sometimes. :) Issorait and the crowd goes We Liiiikkkkkeeeeeeyyy... Cheers Bubba, this was a ghen ghen read..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear 1+The One

    I miss your blog! I have been away for too long.

    I am grateful for great things he has done. From switching jobs & professions without stress, providing an apartment, journey mercies for my family & I and promotion.

    Praise Jesus!

    Girl Lane

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thank God for EVERYTHING.
    Everything!
    He has and will continue to be awesome!

    And thank you Lord for nubian princess.
    It's amazing how the "normal" things we do take on a new light when we see them in the light of praise to God.
    The pictures we take could actually be the last we ever take but for God

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)