Pages

Tuesday 12 August 2008

GOOD FRIENDS

I'm sorry!!

I've been away for soo long, if it helps I have missed you just as much as you have :-)
I have been quite busy and even though I have longed to blog, I haven't had the time to. Oh well, I'm back now, hopefully I would not be gone for that long again (or at least for another long while). So what's happened? Any new thing? Job, school, family, man?? hehehe. Well I am still single :-) Wouldn't it have been nice if it were a new man that's been keeping me from blogging? Sigh! that day would come... not to worry though I would be on hand to give all the gist hehehe...

Yesterday, someone did something for me that touched me so much. One of my friends went out of her way to do something extra-ordinary for me and it left me feeling so grateful for good friends. I would like to dedicate today's post to good friends.

Good friends make you forget that you are single as they fill in that loneliness and emptiness that sometimes creeps up on you. I have mentioned in earlier posts about learning to enjoy the company of your friends and not paying particular attention to having "exclusivity" with your boyfriend/girlfriend. It's important to surround yourselves with people who make you feel good about yourself as well as friends who go out of their way to do things for you. Better still it is important to BE that kind of friend to someone else.

A lot of times we look for "good" friends. Everyone is searching for a worthy friend however forgetting to check if they themslves can be termed as good or worthy friends. When was the last time you did something special for your friend? How often do you go out of your way to help your friend? Are you reliable? Can your friends honestly say that you are trust-worthy and loyal? Do you make your friends smile? Do you compliment them often or just criticise them? When was the last time you noticed something good or different about your friend and mentioned it?

Being a good friend like being a good wife/husband is HARDWORK!!... But very rewarding. Many times we get so comfortable in friendship that we forget to maintain it by occasional kind gestures. A little smile today, a little thoughtful gift (even if inexpensive) goes a long way to show your friends that you appreciate them. Don't wait for special occasion to be nice, do it NOW! Remember when you finally get into a relationship, these are things you would have to do, so why don't you practice now by being a good friend... good friends make good partners in relationships....Its very simple but true.

I would like to challenge you today, do something special for at least one of your friends today. I would try to do the same and let you know about the result tomorrow. (If you like, you can do something special for me, I wouldn't mind hehehe :-)

I hope you have fulfilling relationships and may you be surrounded by good friends!!!xxxxx

P.S Sorry about the seriousness of this post but erhmm what can I say, I am feeling kinda serious meself!

God bless xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to say something :-)