Pages

Saturday 15 November 2014

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,

The Owner of my Life, the reason for my existence, the centre of my joy, the only source of my completion and wholeness.

I'm really really sorry that this is coming late as I know that my letters come to You on Fridays and I believe that as my loving Father, You look out for it too. Please forgive me Daddy, I am sorry.

Thank You for being mindful of me.. Like the man You proclaimed was after your heart, David wondered aloud - What is man that you are mindful of, and the son of man that You visit Him?

This morning, I wonder as well.. Who are we, who am I that You are so interested in?
You made each and every one of us unique and different. We were carefully made by You, You paid attention and still pay attention to every single detail that concerns us. Everything about us is important to You and nothing about us is too trivial for You.

You own and rule the affairs of men, day by day, You keep the universe in check, You are the Lord of heaven, earth and hell, the Commander in Chief of the hosts of the universe, You command the sunset and sunrise, You tell the sea where its shore must be for that day, You pour Your rain on the earth and You give increase for a bountiful harvest.

You do all these and more, yet You still make time out for us, You still know when a strand of hair falls off any one of Your children, You are never too busy for us, You know when a son/daughter comes back home and you cause heaven to acknowledge with a celebration!

Your ears are never tired of our prayers, You delight in giving Your children good gifts when we ask and even before we ask, Your grace makes a way. You have called us the apple of your eyes and You hurt when we do. You said that You are our ever present help in time of trouble, You never sleep nor slumber, the fact that we have different time zones around the world makes no difference to You - You are always available for us, for me....Never too busy.

Thank You Abba Father. Daddy, thank You, my soul says thank You!

I am yet to get to that place of total availability to you, when I am never too busy for You but my prayer today Daddy is that You help me to always be available for You, to make You priority in every sense of the word.

I love You from the bottom of my heart and I am grateful to You for being a wonderful Daddy, the very best, none like You.

It's me - 1 out of billions yet 1 that has your full attention,
One xx

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully put, thanks a lot! So great and yet so caring... reminds me of Ps 8:3-4: "When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, The moon and the stars, which You have ordained; What is man that You take thought of him, And the son of man that You care for him?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written Ayo, this brings to mind the song Who am I by Casting Crowns. I picked a few lines to share here:
    "Not because of who I am
    But because of what you've done
    Not because of what I've done
    But because of who you are

    I am a flower quickly fading
    Here today and gone tomorrow
    A wave tossed in the ocean
    A vapor in the wind
    Still you hear me when I'm calling
    Lord, you catch me when I'm falling
    And you told me who I am
    I am Yours, I am Yours"

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)