Pages

Friday 2 August 2013

Dear Daddy

My dearest Daddy,

I want to communicate with You this evening with a song.. And I will crave the permission of my brother Frank Edwards to allow me 'borrow' his lyrics....

Daddy, I don't know, but there's something about the Igbo language that makes singing praises to You so sweeet! Like, the passion is raw.. And I can say that about my own native dialect, Yoruba too.. Then talk about French *oh la la, oui oui* and Spanish *Hola Papa* and Portuguese and Xhosa and Arabic and Mandarin.. Wow!

My darling Daddy mi, just the plethora of languages in this world is a demonstration of how awesome and amazing You are... Because You understand every single one of these languages.. We even have our own exclusive love language *Tongues* - Reboske! :-)

More so, You understand the language of 'no words' when our hearts are so full  of emotion and we do not have words to say. You understand the language of every smile, every sigh, every laughter, every moan of despair, every tear and every beam.. What an AMAZING God You are.

Thank You for understanding me when no one else does. In the words of Kiera Sheard, "You see the depths of my heart and You love me the same... You are AMAZING God".. You see my every weakness, You see my shortcomings, You see my deepest frailty that no one else sees and You choose to love me still. Thank You Jesus!

Please enjoy this song dear Daddy and as the words flow to You, I pray You hear my voice and my heart through it and that You bless Mr Frank Edwards immensely for being such a blessing.

I love You Daddy, always and always.

Your forever girl,
One xx

PS Daddy, please bless every single one of your children who stop by here and make blogging a delight. Make it well with them, grant them their heart's desires and make this weekend pleasantly pleasant for them.




Lyrics with translation (translation in bracket)

Lord you reign
Forever You're the same
Agam aturu gi mmamma

(I will praise You, thank You)
You lifted me, gave a song,
Agama aturu gi mmamma
(I will praise You, thank You)
Okorobia do mma, mmamma ee,
(Handsome young man, *thank You*)
Chi onye nji eme onu, mmamma ee
(The God I am proud of, *thank You)
Nar'ekele, nar'otuto
(Take all praises, take all glory)
So so gi bu chi muooo
(You alone are my God)
Anyi n'aturu gi mmamma
(We are worshipping You)
Odighi agabanwe agbanwe
(He is Unchangeable)
Chukwu ji ike eee
(God has the power)
Onye di nso, nso nso,
(The Holy One, Holy, Holy)
Agam aturu gi mmamma
(I will praise You)
Onye ji ike, ike nine
(The great One, All Powerful)
Agam aturu gi mmamma
(I will praise You)
Okorobia do mma 
(Handsome young man, *thank You*)
Lion of the tribe of Judah mma mma ee
I am that I am mmamma ee
Onye di ka gi mma ee
(Who is like You?)
There is none like you mma ee
Okorobia do mma


7 comments:

  1. I just love how God loves us despite ourselves.....GRACE!! How did you embed the you tube video? I've been wanting to do this on a couple posts but I don't know what to do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baba God, you too dey bless me oh.....I love that ibo song so much...I wish someone can sing the yoruba version so I can learn to sing along and stop "murdering" the pronunciation of the Ibo words.

    Nothing and no one beats God's awesomeness and love

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the song...God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to you I've discovered Frank Edwards

    ReplyDelete
  5. @HF, I agree, God's grace is just totally incomprehensible.. About embedding, I asked the same question previously on this blog as well cause it seemed to me as rocket science lol.. So here goes - When you identify the video you want on youtube, click on the 'share' button, a few options will come up. You would also see a long url to 'embed'.. Copy the url and paste in your post. When you publish, it's embedded. Hope that helps? Please let me know if you have any troubles xx
    @sykik, lol @murdering. I had to ask one of my colleagues to teach me the words and the meaning :-) love it!
    @aloted, thanks a lot! Love it too.. it's been on repeat lol xx
    @naijawife, very glad to be of service :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @1+The One: I love this song! constantly puts me in this activated worship mode. Thanks for fishing it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad it did.. Love it too xx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)