Pages

Tuesday 22 January 2013

For the Ladies.. Does he respect you?

A mother was speaking to her young adult son's girlfriend {long tinz,sorry :-) }and she said to her that she knew her son was going to spend the night in her house and she asked the girl about sleeping arrangements et al..

Then she asked in the most polite way "I hope he's respecting you?"

Now you and I know that it was her way of asking a question that she didn't feel was in her place to ask directly seeing as she was speaking to another person's child - an 'advanced' teenager at that (This is the UK and we are Y2K-13 compliant).

While I admire her for daring to ask, I also pay particular attention to the word she used 'respect'.

I know it sounds very old-fashioned but it still remains true.

One of the ways a guy shows his respect for you is his willingness to respect your body and wait with you for marriage before sex.



I want to be with a man who respects my now and my later so much that he chooses to deny himself and wait until he has put a ring on my finger and can gratify (or we gratify each other :-) ) all he wants lawfully, legally, consensually and most importantly, God-ly.

A man who respects my destiny and the God that I serve.

So borrowing the wise words of this mum "I hope he is respecting you?"

PS it's vice versa as well... Do you respect his destiny and purpose enough to wait until marriage?


8 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful post sis! Apart from writing a post on the exact same subject, I have been led to other blog posts (including yours) speaking about the same. This is a reconfirmation. You have rightly said, him waiting is RESPECT. God bless you richly for yielding to His will & standing up for what you believe in no matter what the reception (this is a very unpopular subject even in the church).
    DatFunkyFro

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good you clarified that the respect goes both ways. We all need to hear this over and over again. Good things are indeed worth waiting for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup the respect should be reciporal and not one way... are people in relationships respecting each other....

    n.b- i just wrote a new post on the soul sistas blog in response to your men and virginity post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Funbi, yup.. I believe it is an unpopular post.. I will definitely check your post out xx
    @Enkay, Thanks a lot.. may God help us
    @aloted, Going over to read your post!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this article is soooooo ture!!!! It's also about respect. I respect myself enough, I respect the God in me enough to save myself for marriage. It is not an archaic thing, there is no need to test any goods!!!! RESPECT!!
    Please keep on blogging, love your articles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this article is soooooo ture!!!! It's also about respect. I respect myself enough, I respect the God in me enough to save myself for marriage. It is not an archaic thing, there is no need to test any goods!!!! RESPECT!!
    Please keep on blogging, love your articles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this article is soooooo ture!!!! It's also about respect. I respect myself enough, I respect the God in me enough to save myself for marriage. It is not an archaic thing, there is no need to test any goods!!!! RESPECT!!
    Please keep on blogging, love your articles!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Senko!
    Love your comment especially "I respect the God in me enough to save myself for marriage"

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)