Pages

Monday 10 August 2015

SpotLIGHT - Hi Salt!

Image result for you are the salt of the earth NKJV
SOURCE
Last week, we introduced the new series SpotLIGHT and I would be talking about making that decision to work in an industry that many people see as 'indecent' or simply difficult for a Christian to thrive in.... By thrive, I mean being able to remain true to your faith while publicly and freely expressing it.

For many people reading this, you are probably in that similar situation, because guess what? Irrespective of the industry you're in or what career path you choose, just being in the world today is enough to be termed 'indecent' and simply difficult to thrive as a Christian. (Yes? Yes! :-D)

How do you then survive? How do you shine the LIGHT bright enough to stand out for Jesus and influence others as well? 

According to the Bible, you and I are the salt of the earth. This doesn't change depending on location, status or position. 

The first thing you must ask yourself is who am I and what do I represent? How do people see me and what kind of image do I project and/or hope to project?

To be honest, it is not easy at all.. But very possible by His grace.

Think about these questions and next week, we continue.... 

Don't forget, the SpotLIGHT is on YOU....

"You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men." - Matthew 5:13


6 comments:

  1. Word! Its good for us to always be conscious of the Kingdom we rep! Be the best and still be a Christ-Example

    ReplyDelete
  2. **Rubs Palms togeRRa.. this should be fun.. **Clears Throat.. Whoop! Whoopp!! I cant wait.. But Bubba.. Please eh! I beg you in the name of Blackberry! let this series be as Candid as it can get eh! Let the participants be as real as it gets eh! no Holds barred.. That way confused ones like us can relate... Biko :) I am uber excited about this new series One +THE ONE.. and the crowd goes.. Ooooossshheeey Turn uP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.. Yes boss That's the plan Bubba.. I pray that it would be as candid as possible.. When I was anonymous, it was a lot easier, however what is the purpose of light if it's hidden under a bushel huh?

      Let's go! Challenge accepted :-) xx

      Delete
  3. I think as a believer, we should not accept questionable job functions or those which will not allow us to serve God acceptably. It's just my 2kobo, but I don't think God will send you a job that keeps you chained to the desk 24/7 or where your integrity is questioned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello dear Damola, thanks a lot for stopping by and for your comment too!

      I agree that there are some jobs that we should steer clear from - particularly when it goes against our faith or when it affects our relationship with God.
      However, I'm sure you'll agree with me that there is almost no job you take in the secular world that would not involve you having to take a different stance in many situations...

      Delete

You know you want to say something :-)