So good people reading this blog, you know I attended a fabulous event over the weekend right?
|From The Convo with love!|
So before the day (Saturday the 23rd of August), I had been giddy with excitement and absolutely looking forward to it! I had seen pictures and videos from past events in America and I am also a keen follower of Tobi Atte's blog www.ijustmetme.com... And of course, not to forget that he and his wonderful wife Roseline-Bukky were the first couple to be featured on the Waiting and Loving It series!! You can imagine my enthusiasm!!
So my gorgeous and fab friend Miss FunmiB was gracious enough to stop by on her way, to pick me up and our mutual excitement was soo real! Haha
|The fabulous Ms FunmiB and I setting out! :-D|
|The lovely Damilola Oseni and Seun!|
I learnt so many things and a lot of what he said gave me food for serious thought. It was practical enough for me to actually evaluate my relationships and nod (you know that kind of deep nod when that word is for you, ehen that kind) at different points of his very engaging presentation. It helped a lot that he infused his presentation with visual aids, videos and a very good sense of humour!
|The amazing host of The Convo - Mr Tobi Atte|
- People will treat you as good as they know how to, not as good as what you are worth. (The end of that relationship? It really wasn't you, it was the limitation in their capacity to love or vice versa)
- True love is not always about receiving love, it's about increasing your capacity for love
- Have a Marriage/Relationship mission statement. (What would you like it to look like? Also, review it often - This one was one of my favourites)
- Being unequally yoked could be two people who are good, but not right for each other (*Nod*)
- If you want God's best, you have to be God's best!!!!
- If you want me, earn me! (Oh I love this one :-D)
- Marriage is service, it's ministry. If you are not ready for ministry/service, don't get married!
... And on and on I was enriched! I couldn't possibly give you full details of what and how it was communicated but if you weren't there, I can summarise it in 2 words - YOU MISSED!!
|Post-event Selfie :-)|
As a married couple, build each other up, read those books you read in preparation for marriage together often, listen to those messages again, re-do the Love language test, make sure that you are refreshing your marriage and breathing new life and information into it again and again!
Thank you for a wonderful event Tobi and Bukky Atte, God bless you richly and increase His grace upon your lives to continue to greatly affect the lives of many across the world.
|Connect! Connect!! Connect!! With Tobi Atte/Ijustmetme|
Follow us also on Twitter @1plustheone and on Facebook www.facebook.com/1plustheone
PPS My weekend was FULL! I met the wonderful Atilola Moronfolu of www.hattyllola.com and African Naturalistas fame at a separate event over the weekend as well.. It was so surreal!! lol.. I was thinking in my mind - So this is THE Atilola lol (Even though externally I was tryna keep my cool and all haha).. One word Power-house! I look forward to more meetings Atilols *I can call you that now right?* lol
Have a wonderful week people! xx