Pages

Saturday 14 July 2012

Tis MY season to be jolly...

SO it's everyone's favourite weather.. SUMMER is here in Britain!!... Or not..

Well traditionally, summer should be here.. From around the month of May / June, we ought to have ditched the coats and cardigans and started rocking our shades and shorts + the latest summer look..

Alas, we are still sitting huddled under the duvet armed with a cup of cocoa / coffee... Oh summer where art thou?! To make it more interesting we have some a lot of rain thrown in.

We ought to be heading out to the seaside for a lovely picnic with lovers and friends. We ought to be queueing by the ice-cream van politely waiting our turn to be served. We ought to be feeling cheery as the weather isn't making us look and feel so glum. I should be sun-bathing now getting my tan on *cough cough*.. Oh I forgot, I've got my natural tan swag going on all year round hehe..

I should be dancing in the sun not drenching in the rain.. arghhh... So I will go to bed until summer decides to turn up!! *angry face*.

You see sometimes in life, things ought to be a certain way. We believe that there is a particular time and season for everything. In fact we have it all mapped out. Do this now, then get that then, then settle it here etc etc.

I mean, by now, I should be gloriously bearing the surname of my significant other which by the way is wayyyy cooler than my previous one (and that my friend is no easy feat as my maiden name is uber cool!). I should be nearing the labour day of my first handsome son, and next week should be my maternity leave party from my amazing work colleagues at my superb job! I should be at this moment, typing with my feet up and the precious hubby giving me a massage while reading over my shoulders and chuckling at my endearing wit as I type to you lovely people! I should be typing to you lovely people about the beauties of married life and the excitement I feel about the one on the way *sigh*.

But just like summer in the UK, it has yet to materialise at the time I believe it should! SO what shall I do? Moan about it, be grumpy and angry, refuse to go out and sleep until I see a glimpse of what should be..

No. For in the same way, I have had to do without the summer for now, I will have to make the best of my life irrespective of what and where I am now. In the same way the dictates of the weather is not by any means in my hands, my life's timetable irrespective of what has been or what is the norm belongs to and is controlled + determined by THE ONE who owns my life and everything else.

Sometimes, our season as we know it is not quite what it should be and for some reason, things are not happening the way they ought to BUT life goes on and you can determine HOW you want it to go on in the mean time.. You can either wait doing nothing or ensure that you make every (darn) second count!

....Rather than focus on the cold, style it up! Buy a 'hot' coloured coat and glam it up! So you can't have a picnic on the beach, spend extra intimate time indoors with your loved ones. Use the fire place as your camp fire and hold your marshmallows over it! Play games: Twister, Monopoly, Cards etc.. Don't stop having fun.

No matter how long it takes, the sun can't hide forever, one day it will surely shine and then just to make up for lost time, make the shorts an inch shorter lol iKid, let's keep it G rated peeps..

No matter how long it takes, your season as it should be will come.. Solomon himself said it in Ecclesiastes 3, There is a time and season for all things under heaven (paraphrased).. The appropriate time and season will come for you... If nothing else assures you, when the sun eventually shines out brightly and you wear that summer outfit, remember we discussed it here and YOUR season will come...soon xx

6 comments:

  1. Preach!

    I just quoted this Rick Warren tweet in the post I just put up:

    @RickWarren: TRUST is allowing God to interrupt your schedule without you complaining.

    Through the seasons, we've got to stay trusting. Thanks for helping me put things in perspective.

    This scripture just jumped in my head for you:
    "For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
    Though it tarries, wait for it;
    Because it will surely come,
    It will not tarry."

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thanks a LOT for that scripture.

    May it soon come for us all in Jesus name.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi 1. I've just come out of a looooong season of waiting on God for something similar. It's been four long and difficult years but I want to emphasise God's faithfulness to you. Just as He came through for me against all odds, He will also come through for you as you keep Him at the centre of your entire being. I don't know if you've heard of purposefully single. I've benefitted a lot from the prayers and declarations they share. In the waiting place, there's always something that can be done to improve our character and prepare for marital life. Loads of books to read and all that. A rhema word God gave me during my quiet time yesterday was John 16:21-22. Joy is coming in the morning my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for that encouragement Watchman! And I'm holding on to that scripture as well.
    Please is purposefully single a book or online resource? I will be interested in reading it!
    Thanks a lot xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait?? are u in the UK?? where? we shld hook up o if u are in london or near.

    word! God makes all things beautiful in his time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol.. I may be in the UK :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)