Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2008

A place called "beautiful"

Today's another day, nothing major has happened but a lot of lessons learnt. One thing I truly believe in is trying as much as possible to make/get the best out of everything and every kind of situation. I strongly believe that it's a decision that you make, things don't tend to just happen, YOU make them happen!! Don't wait for something to happen, MAKE THINGS HAPPEN!! I can't stress this point enough but I hope it sinks in.... :-)

Anyways since I don't have enough to say about today, let me talk about yesterday which was Sunday... I LOVE SUNDAYS!! This never used to be the case though, I remember when I was younger and I LOATHED sundays, lol. The earlier bit was nice cause of church and sunday lunch but the latter part......arghh! The evening signified an end to a lovely weekend and the dreaded back to school reality!! Eugh!! :-( I remember there used to be something eerie about sunday nights and I just whole-heartedly disliked that annoying "News at 9" or "Newsline" programme they used to show at the time, the opening song was more like a dirge to me..... Oh how I hated it! lol

Nevertheless, I'm happy to say that I am grown up now *I think, or at least managed to convince myself :-)* and Sunday doesn't leave that bad taste in my mouth any longer. Actually I look forward to the day eagerly!! The reason for this change is largely attributed to going to church! I know it sounds really unconventional but trust me going to church on Sunday morning is one of the HIGH points of my week! When I struggle (yes I do struggle :-) out of bed in the morning, getting ready and dressing up is a ritual I quite enjoy a lot! As most ladies would tell you, looking good and dressing up to the teeth is one art we truly enjoy (Why do you think we spend sooo long at the shops/online shopping??) In addition to that, I want to look good for "my main main", my first love, Jesus.... I am an ardent believer in dressing up to church, no matter how relaxed the atmosphere is, I equate it to meeting with a celebrity or being the guest of royalty (of which God is above both) hence the need to dress for the occasion..

One of the best part though is walking into church....the ATMOSPHERE!! Oh so beautiful, amazing, peaceful, joyous... I really can't explain how I feel but it's a gooooood feeling!! Just being there is wonderful enough, the presence of God is really indescribable, you need to experience it to understand! My favourite part of church meeting/service is good/spirit-filled praise and worship! I love singing, dancing, clapping, jumping, screaming, being a child in God's presence. The great thing about praise and worship is that whilst you are giving it to God, He gives you back in return at that moment so much joy and peace in addition to a whole lot more!! Oh I love His presence sooo much, it's sooo great :-)
The people as well make up a good service as there's such nice comfort in a loving and welcoming atmosphere...

I know it can be hard to understand what the "fuss" is about but if you have experienced it before you'll appreciate where I'm coming from :-) If you haven't "then you just don't know, but you gotta ask somebody" hehehe


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esqe-ZvgFzM&feature=related - One of my favourite praise songs!!! (Just copy and paste to your browser)Enjoy.......xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know you want to say something :-)