Pages

Tuesday 1 November 2016

You Won't Even Smell Like Smoke!

Image result
Thank God!
I was ill over the weekend and the kind of job that I do, you can't afford to be ill too often or at worst, no matter what happens, or how you're feeling - the show must go on! lol (I love my job by the way).

So I tried to rest on Sunday, getting ready for Monday... Monday was a day I don't want to repeat ever again! I was in such pain and I wanted it to go away!

Tuesday came, I felt much better but still a bit under the weather. What made me smile was speaking to my mum later on and she commenting that she watched me during the TV show and she couldn't even tell I wasn't feeling very well. I smiled and I said to her that it's all for show, all acting! :-) As I said that, it crossed my mind that indeed that's what a lot of us do - Put on an act, put on a show, put on a mask as if everything is alright, yet what's going on underneath is badddd!

It's a very sad and unpleasant place to be. Thank God for the people we can be real with, those who know that when the credits roll and the lights go off, you're spluttering, and it's not a pretty sight. The ones who are there to hold your hands, pat your back, wipe your tears, lift you up.

Something else that crossed my mind was that the previous night, I was in such bad shape but towards the end of today, I was good! (Thank God). If you saw me, you wouldn't even believe what I had been through. Indeed, trying to describe it was tedious as it was difficult to reconcile what I described and what I had now become - healthy, smiley and jumpy!

This is what God can do. In life, we go through storms, pains and difficulties that seem as if they would break us, totally finish us... In fact, for many people, that Tiwa Savage / Dr Sid song applies "If I start to talk..." BUT after the storm, by the grace of God, when things turn around, it will be difficult for people to imagine that you are the same person who went through that storm... You will come out without scars. Here's a bible promise for you -

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flames scorch you" (Isaiah 43:2)

Also, remember the 3 Hebrew boys (Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego) in the fiery furnace? They came out of the fire and not even a hair on their bodies was singed or touched by the fire. They didn't even smell like smoke!

".... And they saw these men on whose bodies the fire had no power; the hair of their head was not singed nor were their garments affected, and the smell of fire was not on them" - (Daniel 3:27)

When you come through, may you not 'smell' or look like what you've been through! Yes, your experience will bless someone else, but not only can God heal you and make you whole (from the inside out), He can do it without leaving a scar.

Happy November beautiful people xxxx

***************************************
Remember that 1 + The One is very social :-) Please connect with us on:
Twitter: @1plustheone
Google+ - 1 + The One
Instagram: @1plustheone
Email: 1plustheone@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post!Thank God for the behind the scenes of our lives. Regardless, He never stops being faithful.Thanks for sharing sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God for His faithfulness :-)
      Thank you xx

      Delete

You know you want to say something :-)