Pages

Friday 26 June 2015

Dear Daddy

My dearest Daddy!

Shepherd of my soul, everlasting Father, the King of my heart, the One that makes my life complete, the One without whom I am nothing.

I celebrate You Father of Fathers today and always. I like Fridays Daddy - not only because it marks the beginning of a new weekend :-D but because I get to write to You (when I am faithful :-)

I am grateful for the fact that I am able to relate with You in such a simple manner. You made that possible Jesus, thank You.

A God so great - Creator of heaven and earth, Master of the Universe, Commander-in-Chief of the hosts of heaven, earth and even hell.. Every single created being responds to Your command - Yet, You gave me and all mankind the privilege and grace to come boldly before You as a beloved child to their Father, to communicate with You, to fellowship with You, to play at Your feet, to have You wrap us in Your everlasting love and assure us that everything will be alright.

It is such an amazing feeling that a Great God like you would love a mere human like me. Sometimes I wonder, what you have to gain? In the real sense of it, this is an unbalanced relationship - You do sooo much, You ask for so little in return, and unfortunately we give even less... Yet, You love us as if we gave You life, as if we watched over Your head so that You would not fall into any evil, as if we provided for Your needs, as if we never took our eyes off You.... Instead, You do all these things and more and I am so grateful.

Daddy, I am so very grateful. I acknowledge Your goodness, mercy and compassion to us Your children, to me Your daughter and I am so so grateful.

What would life have been like if Jesus didn't come to die for us, giving us the opportunity to have a beautiful relationship with our Father in heaven.

Thank You Jesus... I would never be able to repay the sacrifice - You don't even require that - but I pray for grace Daddy, to show my love for You without reservation every single day.

May I not disappoint You, may my life give You utmost pleasure and may all the glory go to You always and always.

I love You Daddy... Very very much.

Your girl,
One xx


7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful tribute, heart warming indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooossshheeeey Turn uP.. I like how you write the Dear Daddy letters One +The ONE.. Its less like a letter... and more like a speech.. you know a conversation kinda thingy.. Mehhnnn na to be like you be my vision 2023 agenda oh!.. That Being said.. **Wear SCheeky smile.. You know ehnn.. **Scratches Relaxed due hair.. The part you talked about the relationship with GOD and us being an unbalanced one... and that regardless that we are to give so little yeah... we still fail at it.. You see that part ehn.. **Deep sigh.. The thing Touch me inside inside eh! Its amazing Bubba.. How we humans give so little and receive so much from GOD.. Sometimes GOD hits me with his ghen ghen blessings.. Love and grace... and I am like "Shuo! I neFer HexSpeRRed it.." but then i know that #ItcanonlybeGOD.. I mean if I could play god ehn Bubba.. I would ask so much of Human beings.. But yet he asks for nothing but praise and a contrite heart.. AFTER SINNING OH!.. GOD is GOD I tell you...

    Gear 2... **Clears Throat... Wellllll.... Since we are in the Born Again mood ba.. Lemme just say.. That All I Am.. All I was.. And all I will ever be.. I owe to GOD.. I mean sand has more value than me without GOD... **Deep Guilty conscience sigh.. I just pray that he will never Leave me.. I just pray.. Cause Aye yi ehn. Hmmmnnn... the Temptations we face ehn.. O ti le ju (that's SUPPOSED to be Yoruba Ayo) Cheers Bubba.. **Clasps Hands together in Saint Style and walks away in Silence.. :) #SiantJohndeBelovedSomeboRRy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Osheyyy Bubba! Your comment warms my heart.. Thank God for Him being such a wonderful Father...

      *Round of applause* at your Yoruba attempt, I am proud of you! hehe

      I pray that He will never leave nor forsake you.. That's what His word promises :-)

      PS Biko, when will your born again mode become permanent :-D

      Delete
  3. I've been reading your blog for years but this is my very first comment cos this brought tears to my eyes! Reminds me to appreciate just how gracious our God is. Thanks for the post Hun.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)