Hello everyone!! Just checking in..
I have found that one of the HARDEST phrases to say is 'I am sorry'... I don't know why but here are a few reasons why I think it's so difficult:
1. It involves a very huge helping of humble pie.
2. It goes against most of the things your ego stands for
3. It means an admission of wrong-doing
4. It could make you appear weak or as the weaker party
5. Sometimes, you actually don't feel sorry
6. The other person/people may feel like they 'won'.
7. It shows that you actually make mistakes.
8. It just doesn't feel good..
9. Include yours..
Saying I'm sorry can leave a bad taste in your mouth in some cases, however it is one of the most powerful phrases that can turn what could turn out to be a bad situation right around.
The phrase works for both older and younger people, colleagues and friends, family and strangers..
It's usually better when verbally expressed and not just making amends by being extra nice to the person (this works after you have said the golden words!)
I know some people find it verrrry difficult stringing those words together.. And ironically to our dearest and closest, it seems even harder! But it works a world of wonders - especially when said from a sincere place.
"I am Sorry"
Practice it - say it - let it be a (GREAT) part of you!
A relationship could be saved by those simple 3 words - I Am Sorry.
So tell me, do you find it easy to apologise when wrong or even when you feel like you're right?