Pages

Friday 23 July 2010

Where are the Beautiful Ones I Ask?!?

Is it possible to find a guy who has it all?!!

I ask because I really want to know. For those who have met Mr Right, would you say he was all that you wanted/asked for without compromise?

It’s such a tricky situation sometimes.. I am not trying to be pessimistic; I just want to hear your opinion (in an objective manner).

As a young lady, you have plans about the kind of guy that you want to be with.... For me, it would include but not limited to good Christian, good looking/attractive, generous, good sense of humour, intelligent, tall, available and ready to make a commitment. But it seems like I meet guys who have one or two of the qualities and are lacking in other areas I consider vital.... So the problem isn’t finding a tall and handsome, young, intelligent man, it’s the fact that he doesn’t really see the point in going to church or that he is as stingy as a church rat!

Other times, it’s finding a good fire-brand Christian, attractive, young man, short/average height with the personality of a toothpick!

Why is it hard to meet a man who loves God, looks good, kind-hearted, charismatic, can hold a decent conversation, confident height + *cherry on the top* single!?

May God help us single ladies…

So what do you think? Is it possible, are our demands unrealistic (bearing in mind – ask and you shall be given), are they all married or are the beautiful ones not yet born!?

(I would also appreciate some male perspectives please!)
PS: Sorry about being MIA….. I shall be here more often, God willing!
And thanks for the comments on the last post…

Lots of love xx

4 comments:

  1. The Beautiful Ones are alive and roaming this here place we call earth. In due time, he will find you (I believe in him finding me). I have a beautiful one, I also had my "list" before meeting him. He meets all the essential criteria of things that I need in a man. There were some superficial things on my list that he did not meet but I am glad he didn't. There are great Christian men who are handsome and can hold a decent convo out there. Don't give up hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..you're just not looking hard enough!!
    nice post.very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anon, thanks for your very kind words, I am especially so glad that you found your beautiful one and for sharing with us.. There is hope after-all! I pray God sustain and continue to make your relationship beautiful!
    @leggy, thanks dear, I shall again "shine" my eyes.. He shall find me! lol.. I hope yours is by your side as well *wink* xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol. I love your post. So real. I agree with Anon esp about the superficial list. God knows the desires of our hearts but He also knows what we need the most. We may want a handsome guy yet God knows if that's the best for us.

    Truth is that over time as we pray and submit this list to Him, we'd outgrow some things and keep reviewing them until we're at the point where He wants us to be; to see beyond outward beauty alone.

    I know it all sounds spiritual and all and I definitely had my list too but when I met 'the one' I forgot what I wrote down. I just fell for him. lol

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)