Pages

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Jehovah Rapha - The Lord my Healer, I PRAISE YOU!!

Today I continue giving the lover of my Soul the praise that He so deserves! Wonderful, mighty King of Kings.. Full of wonders He is!

So, one of the names my great God is called is Jehovah Rapha which means The Lord our Healer and true to it, my Lord makes that name! There is no sickness that you cannot heal oh Abba Father *wriggles in dance for my King*..

 source  source

There is no illness or affliction known and unknown to man that God cannot heal. In the bible, we are told of so many miracles of healing that God did! Some are instant, some came after thanksgiving, many were performed by compassion... The fact is that God, my God is the Great Healer, the Mighty Physician!

Is there any sickness that has defied all medical interventions? Try Jesus! Have faith and believe in Him, I know His name, His name is Jehovah Rapha!!

So, this is my experience:

The first time I really knew that God was indeed a great miracle working Healer was when I was in Secondary School.. I believe I was in SS1 (Year 10, I think) and I had this HUGE boil under my armpit.. Of course no one could see it because it was hidden but I cannot explain the pain and discomfort it gave me. It had been there for a while.. All sorts had been done to no avail and it just kept growing bigger and more painful.

Now it was easy to bear it up in my long sleeve school uniform and still front like everything was ok but if you looked closely, you would notice that I couldn't raise my hand and I was very careful with the way I moved the affected hand.

Now in my Secondary School, we used to have a great basketball team and sometimes we hosted inter-school basketball games and it was like one of the highlights of school mehn.. While the boys played basketball, the girls loveddd to do the cheerleading bit! We would sing songs we got from American High School movies and do the clap sequences and sometimes the body movements - it was FUN!!

Howevere, there was a dilemma.. Basketball was tomorrow and boil was still hugely under my arms with no sign of shifting.... Before I went to bed that night, I knelt by my bed and I prayed with ALL my heart! (Trust me, the event the next day was a great motivation!).. As I prayed, I started to practice what we had learned in children's and then teen's church..

I didn't know when I started telling God of all that He had done! All the miracle stories we were taught started to come forth! (Now that I write, I marvel!).. As I continued to say "Are you not the one who parted the red sea?" "Are you not the one who sent down fire from heaven when Elijah prayed?".. Like that I went on and interestingly as I was narrating the works of His hand, I became excited  (Praise does that  to you) and I finished the prayer and went to bed..

When I woke up the next morning, my underarm was wet... The boil had bust (I don't recollect there being any sign whatsoever the previous day!).. I.WAS.AMAZED! Even I didn't know that it would work like that!!

Every time I remember that incident many years ago.. I KNOW THAT MY HEALER LIVETH!! And since then, He has continued to prove Himself again and again

There are countless testimonies of God's healing power and I even shared one HERE ...

Please help me PRAISE MY GREAT GOD! AWESOME JEHOVAH RAPHA - Odikwa too much!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your testimony. I just love how God hears and responds with compassion to the desperate cry of his children. God IS a healer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes He is! Thanks @HF and Abi Tobi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so convinced that God loves when we remind him of what he has done before.
    Aside from helping our faith, I just believe it makes him pop his collar some...
    Like "yeah yeah daz me. Yo I did dah and dis and those... I'm big like that"
    Loool
    That's why my fave line here is
    "...Are you not the one who parted the red sea?" "Are you not the one who sent down fire from heaven when Elijah prayed?
    :-)
    Ah the beautiful innocence of children
    E'




    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I totally agree with you E, I almost see God nodding His head when we praise Him and call Him His different names and describe His different acts!
    @ilola, That's His name! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)