Pages

Monday 18 August 2014

For Omowaleola Bakre

One of my dearest friends got married last weekend and I am soo excited for her and her wonderful husband!

The Gorgeous Mr and Mrs Bakre
I have known the bride Waleola for donkey years and I've loved almost every bit of it hehe iKid.. 

Over the years, there are many things I have learnt from my friendship with this beautiful lady with an even more beautiful heart but I think I learnt a lot more over the weeks leading to her wedding to her boo of life Deji Bakre.

The smile is reall! lol So beautiful!
I have known my friend to be a very gentle spirit, easy-going and no-stress at all but mehn, the babe took it to a new dimension during her wedding preparation and actual celebration days!

I have hardly met a bride so calm and relaxed even though a LOT was happening around! 

All I really want is my husband! hehe
We all know brides are usually expected to have a hint of bridezilla tendencies as the wedding day draws near lol but my friend was just calm.. As in, I was just looking at her with admiration as to how even in the midst of all that was going on, she was still consciously being the perfect hostess, making sure that her family and friends were alright and generally being grateful to anyone who as much as handed her a plate of small-chops (that she paid for lol).

Wale and some of her girls!
I am someone who gets very tense under pressure and sometimes the voice is known to rise 3 or 4 octaves higher than normal in tense situations (then of course I come back to my senses later and have to eat huge helpings of humble pie!).. As in I probably would have had the shirt saying "I CAN'T Keep Calm, I am Getting Married!!!!!"

But I learnt very important attributes from this gorgeous human being:

1. Don't get worked up, be calm, relax, everything will fall into place!
2. Ensure that when you're having an event (wedding, birthday etc), your loved ones, family and friends feel a part of it as much as possible.. Don't scream at them because "they will understand", be courteous, be considerate - remember without them being there, your day wouldn't be as great.
3. Remember to ENJOY YOURSELF! You have worked so hard to plan a great event and spent so much money bringing it to life + you are marrying the love of your life right?! Kill the urge to fret and fret over stuff and just enjoy YOUR party! Savour the day, bask in the beauty of having your nearest and dearest celebrating with you.
4. It IS only just one day, afterwards, life goes on.. Remember that! And don't make enemies of friends!
5. Yes, it is your special day BUT everything doesn't have to be perfect.. It just has to work together for your good! And usually with the right attitude, it does..
6. If it's your wedding, enjoy the day with your spouse! Make memories, laugh together, dance together, whisper sweet nothings, remember to steal glances at each other and don't forget to have fun with each other - that is so important. 

Oh you should have seen my friend Wale and Deji - love so beautiful!! :-) :-) I thank God for authoring the best love stories!

Love! Love!! Love!!!
I pray for the love of God to be very evident in your home my darling Waleola and Deji, may your love continue to inspire others, may your home be blessed and be a blessing always. May you enjoy the beauty of marriage and may your children surround your table.

Enjoy a blissful marriage and home
PS What kind of bride are you or do you think you'll be?
PPS What other points should one remember along the way?

Have a blessed week people! xx

Oh lest I forget, remember my friend I wrote about HERE, well she also got married a few weeks ago too - #1YearTestimony.. God is such an AMAZING God! 

I pray for you too, may God consider the desires of your heart, may He surpass your expectations and bless you according to His will and good pleasure in Jesus name.. Don't forget to share when it happens! xx 






12 comments:

  1. But I was a calm bride too na... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that's so lovely. She is such a beautiful bride

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! I remember your friend from last year. Wow!! Yep! within a year. amazing stuff. Thank God.

    God bless your friendssss homess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww..they look so cute. And the babe is fine ehn.. Nice one. I think I would be a bridezilla. I tend to get worked up under pressure and at some point I lose it then calm down later. I can't stand crowd..they tend to get me worked up too..so imaagine the wedding planning pressure + plenty crowd... *covers face*.I'm sure God will take control because if I decide to take control, I doubt the ending would be nice. Thanks for the tips 1+.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!...She's beautiful...Mehn I dunno how she did it tho....on my wedding day...Since it was at the beach....I was freaking out bout everything...first of, it looked like it was gonna rain and then the waves and the damn minister was giving me this sheepish freaking smile(like are you sure you wanna marry him)....Grrr....mehnnnn....It was a crazy day for me...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bisco-la-la!! Yayyy, welcome to the blog.. Hahaha.. You actually came to mind when I wrote this, you were sure a calm bride lol *mwah*
    @Temidayo, She is stunning indeed, thanks dear xx
    @Tommie, Yes oh! Within a year! I wrote that post in December and see what the Lord has done! He is the God that turns around situations in the blink of an eye!
    @Moby, They are a very beautiful couple and their love is even more beautiful :-) Lol..I can imagine what you mean.. I need to ask one of my friends to show me this post when the time comes so that I can clam right down! Haha
    @Ernie, Hahaha.. I trust you! I can only imagine what must have been going through your mind! LOL.. You should do a post telling us about the days leading to your wedding! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh how I love calm people too! It seems as if their inner peace can be transmitted to all present in the room. Whether it is an upcoming exam, a date, a wedding, a birthday party - don't freak out, don't be perfectionistic and just enjoy the moment. Thank you for these valuable life lessons. May God fill us with the "peace that transcends all understanding" so that we can have this "composed attitude" towards all life situations and so that we can even be kind and considerate of others, even though it is "our day".

    @Erniesha: LOL ppl wf THAT smile in these situations can worsen everything, the last thing one needs before "water don pass gari" :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. ** Deep sigh.. It is well oh! ehmm I was hesitant on commenting on this yeah, but hey its 1+THE ONE nah, who hasnt missed commenting on a YnC post in months so, amma gonna say it as it is.. plus beacause of ** Hmmnn Hmmnn clears thraot... never mind **Winks..

    **Whispers Marriage scares the hell outta me. Yep, iFear. its like Forever... I mean FOREVER!!! I just hope who ever gets to steal my heart steals it well oh, cause i mean forever is a long time.

    Nice Post Baby mi, plus hey, Your Friend is looking very Beautifullllll... Hmmnnn hmmnn ** Clears Throat.. Mr. Bakre has Jam Jack pot ooooo.. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Sebs, Amen and amen.. That peace is so important!Hahaha @that smile!
    @Lol, John you're just a troublemaker!
    Marriage scares you?! We have a LOT to talk about John the Beloved.. I say a resounding AMEN to your prayer. May you enjoy the beauty of marriage forever and ever amen!
    You got that right, Mr Bakre hit GOLD! Thanks for your comment dear, I appreciate you much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waoh!
    That your friend is so pretty. The pictures look really nice and I love the gown.
    Oh! Now I see Sebs. *why didn't I read this post earlier*

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Funmi, thanks hun! They make a very gorgeous couple.. Yes, Sebs hasn't gone away (we wouldn't allow him to! lol) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy married life to your friend and hers..
    She is sooo pretty and I see a bit of your smile in hers.

    Ps: I sent this post link to my best friend,told her I look forward to when I will do a post like this for her.

    And oh, I will be a very calmmm bride! Heh

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)