Pages

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Wow! I am his helper


But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you” John 14:26

Ladies! Do you realise that the bible refers to you as a HELPER (Genesis 2:18). Your responsibility to your husband is likened to that of the Holy Spirit to us – isn't that amazing and humbling? You have a very special position and role in your husband’s life and destiny. Please don’t let self, society and fear stop you from fulfilling this God-given role.

Many times, when a wife is referred to as her husband’s helper according to the word of God, there are many reactions that follow. Sometimes, the word helper sounds so…. I don’t know “not quite lofty” lol.. However, recently I have begun to see the unique privilege it is to be called his helper. Why? Because I learnt that the Holy Spirit was referred to as the Helper – and that it in no way diminished His power in our lives, rather it shows that He enables us to do things beyond what our natural ability and strength would allow us do and very importantly, without Him, we can do nothing.

In the next few posts, I will be discussing the attributes and the powerful role of a God-ly wife to her husband inspired by the attributes of the Holy Spirit.

No 1 – Our Advocate (John 15:26 - NIV)

The dictionary defines an Advocate as ‘A person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy’.

As my husband’s helper, one of my roles is to give him support at all times. I will be in a position to give him good recommendation to all people. I have a special role to be his no 1 fan and cheerleader. As his wife, I will not stand where people criticise him or speak ill of him rather, I will be on hand to make him shine before their eyes by stating and professing his many wonderful qualities and attributes.

From my lips will not be found anything negative to say about him – whether it be in front of him or at his back.

It will be my privilege to champion his cause and ensure that people believe in him and his dreams as much as possible. Even when he is in the wrong, I have the wonderful responsibility of ensuring that I speak well of him so that people will see the good in him. It will not be my place to judge him or condemn him. By God’s grace (cause it will take only the grace of God), I will be his friend and confidant in and out of season.

And in order to fulfill this great and humbling privilege, I will never neglect to seek (desperately) the help of the ultimate Helper.

2 comments:

  1. Great Post. How do you expect anyone to respect your man when you yourself don’t? People will treat your husband they way you treat him…so RESPECT him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot hun. Yup, you set the standard for respect for your husband xxxx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)