Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

Wow! I am his helper (2)


But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you” John 14:26

Ladies! Do you realise that the bible refers to you as a HELPER (Genesis 2:18). Your responsibility to your husband is likened to that of the Holy Spirit to us – isn't that amazing and humbling? You have a very special position and role in your husband’s life and destiny. Please don’t let self, society and fear stop you from fulfilling this God-given role.

Today, I continue to explore the unique privilege of being my husband's helper. You can read the first part HERE


No 2 - To understand the Mind of God / The revealer of God’s word– 1 Corinthians 2: 10 – 11

I desire to marry a man who can be the spiritual leader in our home as the bible states that the man is the head of the home.

However, as my beloved’s helper, I look forward to supporting him by the grace of God to developing deeper, his knowledge of our God through the study of His word – the Bible.

I will not wait for him to do all the studying and reading and stand by for him to pour out, but I hope to be on hand to study with him, discover with him, and encourage him with words from scripture.

I know there will be times when he may feel discouraged or simply bogged down by work or the busy-ness of life as we all do sometimes, but I hope to encourage him at times like that to pick a word, listen to an inspiring sermon, drop little bible verse love notes in his work-bag so that he is constantly surrounded and reminded of God’s word. I believe that when the tables are turned and I feel bogged down, he would do so and much more for me. That’s the beauty of two rather than one - so that when one is down, the other can lift him / her up and vice versa.

In addition, I know how huge a responsibility it is to be the head! – having to make both big and small decisions for people that you love dearly and will be held accountable for (The pressure! Better him than me lol). My darling would need to inquire from God, to know the mind of God concerning the matter, constantly and consistently so as to make the best decisions.

It will be an honour to pray along with him, support him on my knees as I recognise that my prayers - a covering over him - are precious.

Oh ultimate Helper, in order to fulfill this great and humbling privilege, I will never neglect to seek (desperately) your most invaluable help.

1 comment:

You know you want to say something :-)