Pages

Friday 5 September 2014

30Days of Praise (Day 5) - Dear Daddy

My Dearest Daddy!

My best-est friend in the whole world! How are you today?

Shall I tell you a joke? lol.. I like making You happy.. But I don't know any heavenly jokes (actually, do You laugh at our earthly jokes? Like when Akpororo, or MCAbbey tell a joke? Or when Chigurl starts singing her songs? lol).. Anyways, I know what makes you smile! Praise lifts you up! Spiritually, physically and emotionally :-)

You know my great and awesome King, we are really made in Your image and likeness! I have seen what praise does to human beings! These our praise-singers at parties usually get all the money when they start singing the praises of people!! Even those who didn't plan on spending look for the nearest ATM (or borrow from a friend) to 'spray' the musician when the praise-singing starts getting to their head! (Sometimes, they know that what is being said of them is not all true but they spray on anyway lol)..

That's the great thing about You my Super-God, Every praise we could ever give to You is much less than who You are and what You are worth. You are deserving of much more and I doubt if we would ever know the true extent of Your greatness and power.

Was it not You that made the earth out of emptiness.. The universe and all that is in it in SIX days?!?!
Was it not You that extraordinarily healed a leper called Naaman by asking him to dip himself in an ordinary river?
Was it not You that caused an earthquake to open the doors of the prison that held your sons Paul and Silas?
Was it not You that caused water to come out of a rock and manna (food) to fall down from heaven?
Was it not You that shut the mouth of the lions in Babylon so that your son Daniel was their welcomed over-night guest?
Was it not You that was the 4th man in the fire with the 3 Hebrew boys?

Great and Mighty God, What on earth can You not do?

Are You not the one that the angels adore?
Are You not the one that tells satan "Do not touch" and he dares not go near?!
Are you not the one that commands the angels and give them charge over us so that we do not dash our foot against a stone?
Are you not the one whom the 24 Elders cast their golden crowns before, in adoration singing "You are worthy our Lord, to receive glory, and honour and power...."

Awesome God, what in heaven can You not do?

Your praise is never enough Daddy.. Your praise is beautiful indeed..

As we lift You up in our praise throughout this month and beyond, may we make You smile Lord..

From my heart (and Tasha Cobbs' lips :-)), here's a song for you:



Always and always your little girl,
One xx

6 comments:

  1. Hahahaha@ God laughing at Akpororo's jokes. Awwww this is relly nice. I can tell your relationship with God is really close. I love this dear daddy most. Its real and it sounds like a gist between a loving father and a sweet daughter. I likey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks dear.. I think the best part of my relationship with God is relationship.. Knowing that I can relate with Him very very closely as my Father - no holds barred!.. There's absolutely nothing I cannot share with Him..(Knowing that He knows anyway lol) xx

      Delete
  2. where is the plus one button........i need to share this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dearest Ugo. Thank you for being a blessing to me and this blog! xx

      Delete
  3. haha!! thats my ring tone!! i love tasha cobbs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me tooooo!! I loveee her!
      All her songs that I have listened to; I love, this is just one of them :-)

      Delete

You know you want to say something :-)