Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

30 Days of Praise - Day 2 (Jehovah Nissi)

It's Day 2 of our 30Days of Praise!!

In September, we will be lifting up the praise of our great God through a variety of expressions! I hope you will join in too!

Recently I got to understand the meaning of Jehovah Nissi which translates to mean The Lord our Banner. The first time God was referred to as Jehvah Nissi was in Exodus 17:15 after that great victory of Israel against the Amalekites..

This is what happened - One of Israel's strongest arch enemies, the Amalekites waged a war against them. Moses told Joshua to choose some men to fight while he stood on top of a hill with a good view, pointing the 'rod of God' towards them. Now the amazing thing that happened here was that whenever Moses lifted his hands, Israel dominated the battle-field but when he put it down (out of fatigue), Israel lost!

Thankfully, the two men who were with him realised this and were wise enough to support his hands so that he never got weary until the battle was won!

Now, the Israeli soldiers did NOT win that battle because of their numbers or expertise, no, no.. That battle was won by our great God and He alone...

I mean how else would you explain that?! That was ALL God - Jehovah Nissi - The Lord our Banner of Victory!!! The One who is the Mighty Man in Battle, The Lord of Hosts - Hosts in heaven, on earth and underneath the earth! The One at the mention of whose name, {JESUS} EVERY knee must bow and every tongue must confess that HE alone is Lord! The One to whom ALL power belong! The One that wins a battle without having to fight, the One that no one contends with and stands, the One who holds the key of David in His hands - He shuts and no one can open, He opens and no one can shut!

The Master of the Universe, The Commander-in-Chief of heaven, earth and hell. He alone is the embodiment of all authority and gives it to whomever He pleases!

I remember many battles I have fought and I remember the One who made victory a reality. Jehovah Nissi, I am so grateful to You for fighting our battles - so many of them but you did not allow them overwhelm us or defeat us - thank You.

I remember the battles that were not very obvious but were there alright, however, You gave me victory! Thank You Jesus.

I praise You my awesome Jehovah Nissi, My everlasting Banner of Victory!


******************************************************

Do you have an experience where God gave you victory? Please share and let's praise God together!

PS I read this lovely post on my dear Tib's blog. She talks about the importance and blessing of giving thanks and shares her own personal experience too! I'm sure you'll be blessed and encouraged to just thank and praise our God who is worthy of it and more!. Please read HERE xx

14 comments:

  1. i just love the way you praise God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God hun.. He deserves all the praise and much more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's the mighty man in Battle....Elshaddai
    He's the mighty man in battle.....Jehovah Nissi
    He's the mighty man in battle....Elshaddai
    He's the mighty man in battle....Jehovah is His name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halleluyah!! I love that (warfare) song lol..
      Sykik! Thanks for joining in! May God give you victory in every area of your life in Jesus name xxxx

      Delete
  4. Praise God, Amen......Jehovah Nissi....Oh yes, My Victory my banner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *dancing* He is our Victorious King.. None like Him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i remember the struggle with an addiction he came through for me.....i fought and was defeated but he fought for me and gave me victory...Lord to you be all the glory, adoration, let the nations worship you, let my mouth sing songs of praise to my warrior, the one who goes before me, walks behind me and is always around, thank you for your shield of love and the sword of your word..
    I LOVE YOU BABA:))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halleluyah! Glory to Jesus! Thank You so much Lord.. Thank You for victory over personal battles, victory over self-image and self-worth... Victory in every way.. You truly are deserving of all praise! xx

      Delete
  7. This is very timely for me. I'm actually passing through some trying times right now and I'm so happy that God has assured me of victory already. Indeed, He is my Jehovah Nissi. Halleluyah! Aduke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God Aduke! I pray that God, Jehovah Nissi will come through for you in a very mighty way in Jesus name xx

      Delete
  8. Great is my God, have been doing since reading that post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halleluyah to the lord of host. He alone is worthy of my praise..halleluyah.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)