Pages

Tuesday 15 July 2014

Waiting and Loving It!!! - Feat Lisa and Ikechukwu Nnamdi

Hello everyone!

It's been a time and half since the last Waiting and Loving It feature!! Thank you for checking and encouraging us during the 'quiet' period (This one is dedicated to you Grace! At least you won't check 'in vain' today lol). Today we are back with another edition; being guests of the wonderful Nnamdis who share with us their own experience of the journey to being husband and wife, Waiting and Loving It! Hope you enjoy and are blessed! xx

                    ************************************************************


Hello Mr and Mrs Nnamdi! It's wonderful to meet you and we are really glad that you would be letting us have a glimpse into your world! Please kindly give us a brief introduction to yourselves:

Ikechukwu: We are Team Iyke made up of the highly prestigious and extremely beautiful NNAMDI TOOLISA NNEKA popularly referred to as Pst. Lisa and the simple NNAMDI IKECHUKWU SAMUEL aka Pst. Iyke. We are certified marriage mentors and relationship coaches. We got married on the 14th day of February 2009 and we are headed to 6 years of amazing marital bliss. 

Sealed on Valentine's Day!
Yea! The Love was so strong that we exchanged vows on the highly acclaimed love day lol, however we strongly believe that every day is a day of love.

Our hobbies are cooking, travelling, reading (my wife), while for me, it's driving, flying, playing games and teaching.

A Valentine's day wedding, nice! So, please tell us, how did you meet? 

Ikechukwu: We met in church, HOUSE ON THE ROCK, Enugu. I was attracted to her dogged commitment and love for God, her immaculate dress sense and her calm disposition.  

Pst Iyke & Pst Lisa :-)
Our meeting was most unconventional and maybe unromantic but not un-miraculous :-) It was not the beautiful-flower-garden kind of meeting, we weren’t even close before I proposed to her, but at that point in my life as a young man, I needed to get married. So I went to God in prayer and like many other men, I had some ladies in my mind. Lisa, was not among the ladies I was considering and praying about, but constantly her name, picture and consciousness was being impressed strongly on my mind. Amazingly, I now know that the impression was from God.

Why did I not consider her you may ask, well it's a very interesting story.

She was based in Lagos at the time and in my nature I hosted (accommodated) her boyfriend then and every evening they would speak over the phone through the newly introduced 'MTN midnight call'. They were hoping to get married. 
After a while, he got another accommodation which later had problems and for the second time he came back to my house, but this time around, some things had happened and they weren’t communicating as much as they did previously. I was actually concerned, I tried mediating but he warned me seriously that I should not disturb him and that if I wanted I could marry her myself. 

Now you know why I was never going to consider her. I didn't want to appear as a 'wife-snatcher'. I also said that to God when He kept impressing her on my mind. Then God asked me, "Are you the one who joined them? Did you proclaim them husband and wife?" and then I heard in my spirit that if I don't pay attention to her my search will not come to an end.

Back to my story, like I said, I proposed to my wife in a rather unconventional way. It was in my office at the church. I did not even kneel to propose! (which is the norm) I only said, "Take a good look at me from now henceforth. Observe me closely as I lead prayers, preach, carry myself about, do what I do and if you think that you can live with what you see as a husband, come and give me your answer. If it is a "Yes", let me know and if it is "No" still let me know.”

I'm sorry if the story is getting long, but I must end it by saying that the best way to know that a lady is your wife is to have that clear and explosive assurance from God. Your wife to be should not strike a cord, she should bring a BOMB! You must get to that point where you say "this is now the (BOMB)": "Bone Of My Bone". I call it the point of absolute assurance and that point is not triggered by curves, edges or boobs. It's nice for your wife to have all the departments in place but marriage is more than all the departments being in place. Her finger tips, lips and hips might or might not be in place as you like, but that is not as important as her being from God. Do you have that absolute assurance that will make you explode like Adam did and say "This is NOW (search is over) the Bone Of My Bone?..."

Please always remember that "A prudent wife is a gift from God..." (Prov 19:14). I am absolutely and totally blessed that I married my baby and best friend.

Lisa: Our relationship before he proposed to me was a student/teacher one, because he was my teacher when I was going through the foundation classes as a new member. During the classes, I loved his fragrance and neatness, admired his passion for teaching especially on relationship/marriage related topics. I wouldn't say I was attracted to him before he proposed to me (considering that I met him through my ex, I never imagined he would ever ask me to marry him!) but I just wished silently in my heart for God to give me a man like him. Amazingly, God did not give me a man like him but him.

In fact, I confessed to him later in our marriage that I wanted to say YES on that very day he proposed to me but I just decided to be a lady and not appear too 'easy'. Then as we got into courtship, I was swept off my feet by his simplicity, humility, sincerity, sense of humour and compassionate heart.

Wow, that's a very unconventional and interesting meeting! It's great to receive that assurance and peace from God about any matter. Thanks for being honest and real with us. Next question, why do you think it's important to keep sex in the context of marriage? 

Ikechukwu: THE BIBLE, which we refer to as our manual says that "Marriage is honourable and the bed undefiled" (Heb 13:4). Bed-defilement negatively affects the honour in marriage. 
You see, to every product there are 'DOS and DONTS'. When people prefer to do the donts, they wreck the product. For instance, if I poured water into my car tank instead of fuel, I would simply be making a statement that I don't want this car to last. 
Every producer includes a manual which is the explanation of the product so that people can study and find out how to utilise and maximise the product. If you are very protective of your car and you are wise not to pour water in the fuel tank, then you should be even more protective and wiser when it comes to your marriage. 


What would you have done differently if you had the opportunity to do it again?

Lisa: I dabbled into a relationship immediately after my secondary school and I was so immature, naive and clueless about the intricacies of dating. It got me distracted and actually cost me a lot, including my virginity. That's something I do regret; in hindsight, I would have preferred to wait until my wedding night. 
If I had the opportunity to turn back the hands of time, I wouldn't get into any serious relationship until probably after university. I believe I would have been a lot more mature and wiser to avoid most of the mistakes I made.

Ikechukwu: I would have married much more earlier. Not that I married late, but I am disturbed at the rate at which we do some important things very late. Men marry late and at 60 they are still doing school runs. So when their sons or daughters are grown and ready to marry, they are close or even in the grave! lol. I would be lying if I said that I don't know why some men delay getting married. Some of them are willing, but the economy is weak. 

Lol.. may their willingness be translated to action! 
Thank you so much for sharing with us today. It's been a really enlightening interview. 
At this point, we like to give you some space and we encourage you to affirm each other, you've chatted with us, now it's time to express yourselves to each other :-) 

Ikechukwu
Li Nwa! You are indeed the best! Marrying you was never a mistake and like I always say, if God would allow marriage in Heaven, I would marry you with all delight and pleasure. I love loving you and God bless that wonderful day when you said "YES I WILL MARRY YOU!" Just look at me now! You've transformed an ugly man into a super handsome dude. You are too much. I LOVE YOU!

Lisa
Ikem, my groom, my king, my best friend! You have groomed me into the woman I never thought I would ever become. 'Pst. Lisa' is now a brand courtesy of you. I'm grateful to God for giving you to me, I'm happy I followed you, I'm glad I married you. We shall continually live our dreams, together forever, till death do us part. I love loving you! Onye nwem gozie gi! (My Lord bless you)

Don't get it twisted, love is a beautiful thing!
*************************************************

Awww, that's so beautiful! Lovely way to end the interview! It's been great reading and learning from the Nnamdis. Sometimes, God doesn't work in the 'obvious' ways, however His ways are always marked with peace, joy and contentment.
Also, if you forget everything else, please remember Car - Fuel vs Water. It's always best to know what the manual says and to follow closely to get the very best use.
I thank God for His everlasting mercy and grace, it doesn't matter what the past says, once we take that step to Him, He is able to revive and restore all. He is also able to give the grace to do it!
I am #WaitingandLovingIt, Yes I can! :-)

**************************************
Pst. Iyke and his beautiful wife are the serving Pastors of the ever increasing and vibrant HOUSE ON THE ROCK, Benin City
Pst Iyke has also authored popular relationship books -  "Women, We-men are Sorry" and "Finding Mr. Right"
You can connect with them via their social media platforms:
Twitter: @Pstiyke @Pst_lisa
Instagram: instagram.com/samysaint
Facebook: facebook.com/samysaint
Email: pstiyke@gmail.com 
Blog: www.pstiyke.blogspot.com / www.pstiyke.wordpress.com

*****************************************

Please click HERE for other Waiting and Loving It Couples!

Do you have any question, please do not hesitate to ask!
Email - oneplustheone@gmail.com

Twitter - @1plustheone
Facebook - www.facebook.com/1plustheone

15 comments:

  1. "God doesn't work in the 'obvious' ways, however His ways are always marked with peace, joy and contentment" (Highlights of it all)

    Ah, so this post was for me. I had actually checked like 3 times today.

    I liked the fact that they were very real as pastors and didn't have to spiritualize everything.

    Thanks Ayo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful couple....beautiful testimony of how they met and eventually married. Enjoyed the simplicity of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wedding day mates :)

    Lovely couple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am hapi 4 dem I pray God kip dem 2geda till d end nd I also tap into d anointing cos am stil single.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason this post made me smile.
    I have read a lot of waiting and loving it couples stories but this struck me with its truthfulness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus he looks so excited to be getting married.Amazing

      Delete
  6. Lessons taken from Pst. 'When u prefer to do the don't - you wreck the product. Lord I ask the grace to only adhere to -Dos.
    Lessons from Sister Lisa -'i lost it cos I was immature not ready consequently my Virginity - a reference point to my daughter who turned 13years last month. I quickly drew her attention here and said to her advantage to be taken having gone through this enlightening piece. Waite to be matured to be able to handle it, so same mistaken is avoided. Thanks, for me as a father, it came at the right time and quickly uterlised.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ayo, u got me checking out for this every Tuesday morning, so happy I wasn't disappointed today. Thanks a lot to Pst Iyke and Lisa for sharing with us. All d people featured here on 'awaiting and loving it' are all doing great in life, this goes to show that 'waiting' is for the biggest guys and babes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wonder if Pastor Lisa could really have done it differently. Indeed, others can now learn from this comment, but my take is" God took her through that wilderness" for a purpose . Today, she is so much full of grace, a blessing to many singles. Many times, God breaks us, then remoulds us again, this time using the blood of Jesus, not clay. God bless this home real good! (a beneficiary)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Grace, It was for you dear :-) Thanks for always checking in xxx
    @HF, Thanks dear
    @MW, YES! Your wedding mates :-) xx
    @Anonymous1, Amen! May God bless you with your own beautiful love-story in Jesus name.
    @Anonymous,2, Thanks a lot, I'm glad it made you smile
    @Ralph, Thanks so much! I smiled when I read the part where you said you quickly showed your teenage daughter lol.. May she grow up to make you proud and ultmately God proud :-) Thank you for stopping by.
    @Ezy, lol @biggest babes and boys! Yes oh! :-D Thanks so much dear.. I am glad youw eren't disappointed today. God bless the Nnnamdis
    @Anonymous3, Aww that's such a wonderful testimony of their lives. Thanks a lot for coming to share with us. May God bless you richly xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How can I reblog? This is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her honesty! I was impressed by her honesty. I don't know why but I feel like most female pastors wouldn't admit that they lost their virginity the way she did. Or maybe it's just me thinking this. Lol. Lovely Couple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Benedicta Ossuetta18 July 2016 at 17:39

    This is indeed wonderful and insightful! May God keep on blessing and uplifting this great union. Thank you so much Pst. n Pst. Mrs Iyke Samuel.

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)