Pages

Sunday 22 May 2011

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,

It's your little girl again.
My Daddy, my Hero, my Best Friend, my Encourager, my Lover, my Defence, my Shield, the One who never looks down on me, the One who never gives up on me, the One who loves me unconditionally, my Greatest Esteem Booster, my No1 Fan, it's me again.

It's been a while since I wrote to you. I know I speak to you quite often (not as often as I would like though; all faults being mine!) but as I have stated before, there's something about writing a note to you. Sometimes I'm able to write to you the things I cannot quite say.

I don't really know what to write but let me start by stating that I love you and I love the way you make me feel about myself. Your love for me inspires me to believe so much in myself and the plans that you have for me makes it worth waking up day after day and stand even when things aren't looking so 'up'.

So,I'm still struggling with waking up early to spend quality time with you and even though I have taken to making the sitting room my new bedroom so that all I have to do in the morning now is sit up and talk to you, meehn it hasn't quite worked out, lol... Infact my body goes into a new sleep-drive once the alarm goes off! Eek! I need your help!!

I am still a confused little girl at the moment with regards to the ONE.. Even though I know it's not my job to worry about it, I still do! I want to make sure that he is everything I ever dreamed of or wanted and I keep trying to meddle and try to make 'things work' but again and again it seems that you keep saying to me "Relax child, I'm still very much in control, just let it go.. I gat you" :-)

So Daddy, your little girl is laying it at your feet and watching you have your way. Who better to hand-pick my Love than my First Love, but I ask that you give me grace to be patient and trusting completely!

I look forward to time in your presence tomorrow with your other precious children.

Love you always,
One

5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...i can actually adopt it as my letter too- it's right out of my head

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Letter Ever. U mirrored my heart. Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This letter made me cry...How do I feel so connected to your thoughts,like they are mine?.You must be special...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks CeeJay, I'm glad you liked it!
    @Amanda, it's amazing sometimes when you discover that you share a lot of similarities with someone you've never met :-)
    Thanks a lot dear for your lovely comments and a big WELCOME to you and CeeJay.. xx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)