Pages

Thursday 20 May 2010

LINE OF FRIENDSHIP

Quick question,

Can guys and girls JUST be friends??

I know this is an age old question but I would still like to know..
How "close" can you be to a friend of the opposite sex who is in a relationship? I have had this conversation with a lot of my girl friends who are in this kind of situation.

For instance, I have a friend who is "best friends" with this guy who has a girlfriend... He talks to her, *his buddy* first thing in the morning.. sends her texts/emails and sometimes an additional phone call just to show he cares.. When he has issues, he runs to her for advice especially when he wants to get a female opinion (you get me?).. He even seeks her advice when he wants to do something special for his girlfriend (No one questions the fact that he loves his girlfriend, he lets the whole world knows!)..

Although they are really just friends, I always ask the question "Would you like your boyfriend to have a girl-friend like that?"... As a guy, would you be comfortable if your girlfriend had that kind of relationship with another guy? What would happen during "vulnerable" moments? (cause there would surely be)

So what are your thoughts?? Where do you draw the line of friendship?? Is there a line to be drawn really or should your other half be a bit more understanding and accommodating??

6 comments:

  1. It is possible but I'm of the opinion that it is very difficult. Situations almost always arise to complicate the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "just friends"">..? i dont think so

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Myne said, it always gets complicated in the end. Another question is, would you permit your spouse to have a best friend of the opposite sex? I doubt it. Your spouse should be your best friend. My thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmn!!i have friends that are guys but they are single...i know once they hook up with girls me i will back down and stop the five times a week phone calls...I wouldn't like it if my bf was close pals with another girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is possible

    You know what? there is this alarm bell that goes off in our heart and head when you are crossing boundaries except you don't listen.

    All I would say is guard your heart with all diligence. Protect your fruit so you don't bear rotten fruit. It pleases God greatly when you bear fruit so it should be a priority to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing about that alarm bell is that it sounds when you are at, or almost at the point of 'no return' so you ignore it most times lol.. I think like you said, we have to guard our hearts jealously..xx

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)