Pages

Saturday 6 June 2009

My Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,

I love you and I want you to know that I do. I know you can see that I love you but I wish I could express it better. How are you today? I know that sometimes I get caught up in my own state that I forget to enquire about you. Sometimes, it's even because I don't think you need me to ask for I know that you are always good. Nevertheless, today I want to take the opportunity to ask "Daddy hope you are alright and the throne is comfortable".

You have taught me that the best way to start conversations with you is to exalt your name and person with words of praise and adoration. So, this is for you my King, my Love, the owner of heaven and earth, the ancient of days, always constant and never changing, the one to whom all power in heaven and on earth belongs to, my healer, my provider, my dearest and best friend, my faithful father. I take immense pleasure in adoring you.

Daddy, I have noticed that my fellow blogging brothers and sisters have decided to take out a day of the week to say "thank you".. they call it different titles "Thankful Mondays", "Thankful Posts" "I Give Thanks Today". Whenever I read these posts, I am reminded of your goodness to us all and although I may not have listed them in the past, I definitely appreciate every one of them and say a big "THANK YOU". You know I can be a "copy-cat" especially when it comes to doing things for you, so I have made up my mind that I shall copy these thankful posts too.. I know that a thankful heart always receives more, so I would not allow my "more" to pass me by. Besides dad, I do it because I love you and I want to make you smile.

I will do mine a bit differently though, I will write you a weekly letter to gist with you in addition to saying thank you (you know I love your attention :-) and here's my first one. I really hope I would be able to keep up to date with them, you know me and my procrastination, I need your help in that area (pretty please with Jesus on it :-)

Thank you for the lovely weather that we have had in the past week, oh it was soo lovely and soo hot, I actually longed for a bit of cold! Alas the cold came just when I shaved my legs ready for my shorts. I guess maybe you didn't want me exposing too much leg lol (but I promise it wasn't too short and I was going to the beach too). Can you please make the sun come back before the hair grows back? Thank you :-)

Then how can I forget what happened on Thursday.. I remember waking up thinking "let this pass over too" but then I remembered the chorus of the song I heard just the day before "you may not know how, you may not know when but He would do it again" and then I became encouraged and everything seemed like it was going to be alright in the end and yes it was (I smile at thought), thank you soo much, you are too much!

Wow, Daddy I have only mentioned 2 things and I have written so long! Let me just say this, I thank you for Monday (the honour bestowed), Tuesday, Wednesday (the lady that came and the meeting), Thursday (making something out of nothing), Friday(oh, Friday was too much! I was, and still am overwhelmed), for today (even in the rain... wow) and tomorrow (with you, I know it's going to be alright!)

I can't wait to be in church tomorrow, just like David... "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord" and it's thanksgiving Sunday too, yipeeee!!!! (praises, dance and food hehe)...

I love you dad, you mean the world to mean...

Me,
Oneplustheone xxxx

3 comments:

  1. I wish i get excited about church like you...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was nice. This our daddy is too much, can we really thank him enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @P-S aww, maybe you should move church :-).. but more than that, it's all about the connection with daddy, I hope you get to experience that feeling as well xx..
    @BSNC yes oo, He is just too much!

    ReplyDelete

You know you want to say something :-)